COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Teacher

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 143 (47,002 Views)

Re: Rockets Channel

Not being up front?  The way sports teams change channels now days it's hard to keep up with who is playing where.  If the Rockets and Astro's hadn't decide to bolt from Fox Sports Houston it wouldn't be an issue.  However they have gone to a different channel that is not as widely carried now.  So the agent that told you that more than likely doesn't even realize that they have moved to a different channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 31 of 143 (7,188 Views)
Tutor

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Does anyone know if you can trade the Longhorn Network for Comcast Sports Net Houston?  Seriously, its stupid you can't watch the home team. 

Message 32 of 143 (6,986 Views)
Tutor

Comcast Sportsnet Houston

Why hasn't this deal gotten done?  I'm gonna drop UVerse like a rock if I can't watch the Rockets starting on wednesday!

Message 33 of 143 (6,301 Views)
Scholar

I would trade you the Longhorn channel for the gum on the bottom of your shoe.
Message 34 of 143 (6,246 Views)

Ish Kabibble wrote:
I would trade you the Longhorn channel for the gum on the bottom of your shoe.

We all understand you don't want the Longhorn network, but what does that have to do with Comcast Sports Net Houston.

You've also wanted the Pac-12 and the TWC Lakers network, so are you even in an area that will get the games?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 35 of 143 (6,193 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I never said I wanted the PAC 12 or TWC Lakers. I live in Ohio. Not sure who's post your reading. The trade reference was in regard to the above poster saying he would trade longhorn for Comcast Houston.
Message 36 of 143 (6,117 Views)
Teacher

Re: CSN Houston

I wanted to register my disappointment that a deal has not been reached. 

Not being able to get local sports teams when I pay as much as I do a month is not acceptable.

Message 37 of 143 (5,778 Views)
Expert

Bug_1 wrote:

I wanted to register my disappointment that a deal has not been reached. 

Not being able to get local sports teams when I pay as much as I do a month is not acceptable.

Contact Comcast SportsNet Houston.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/comcast-providers-yet-to-reach-deals-on-rockets-games/

Message 38 of 143 (5,774 Views)

Looks to me like Comcast is overvaluing their product.  Considering games will be blacked out outside of Houston the price they are wanting must be extremely high for the so called "big boys" to have not reached a deal yet.

Message 39 of 143 (5,692 Views)
Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

Looks to me like Comcast is overvaluing their product.  Considering games will be blacked out outside of Houston the price they are wanting must be extremely high for the so called "big boys" to have not reached a deal yet.

That's true for the Rockets' basketball games; however, this channel will also have the Houston Astros baseball games.  All of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and part of New Mexico are in the Astros' territory.  Thus, their games will not be subject to blackout in those areas.

Message 40 of 143 (5,652 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

That's true for the Rockets' basketball games; however, this channel will also have the Houston Astros baseball games.  All of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and part of New Mexico are in the Astros' territory.  Thus, their games will not be subject to blackout in those areas.

You mean Houston has a baseball team? Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 143 (5,469 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

You mean Houston has a baseball team? Smiley Very Happy

A minor league in Sugar Land and apparently a farm league for the Yankees called the "Astros".

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 42 of 143 (5,312 Views)
Scholar

The Houston Astros are a young team with a brand new owner and a brand new stadium. They are moving to the American League where they might form a natural rivalry with the Texas Rangers. Since I live in Ohio Uverse getting Comcast Sportsnet does not matter to me. But for Astros fans it means a lot. For the apologists who rule this forum to belittle them is low even for them.
Message 43 of 143 (5,243 Views)

Ish Kabibble wrote:
The Houston Astros are a young team with a brand new owner and a brand new stadium. They are moving to the American League where they might form a natural rivalry with the Texas Rangers. Since I live in Ohio Uverse getting Comcast Sportsnet does not matter to me. But for Astros fans it means a lot. For the apologists who rule this forum to belittle them is low even for them.

I'm well aware of who the Houston Astros are, and being a Ranger fan there is already a "friendly" in-state rivalry.   Trust me, I would like nothing more than all these new sports networks to be added, but Comcast has no real incentive to keep the prices reasonable since they have overpaid for the exclusive rights. A big part of the blame goes to the Rockets and the Astros for not really caring about their fans and moving to a new network without any carriage agreements.

Message 44 of 143 (5,214 Views)
ACE - Expert

Ish Kabibble wrote:
.... . the apologists who rule this forum ....

Sigh.  Move along, nothing new to see here, folks. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 45 of 143 (5,192 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.