COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Teacher

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 143 (46,957 Views)
Tutor

Rockets Channel

What Channel will The Houston Rockets be on with ATT Uverse next Year....

Message 1 of 143 (45,120 Views)

Re: Rockets Channel

Probably the same channel they were on last season.  FSSW Houston, 754/1754

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 143 (45,090 Views)
Scholar

the astros and  are moving to comcast sports net houston next year.....

Message 3 of 143 (45,085 Views)
Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

Probably the same channel they were on last season.  FSSW Houston, 754/1754

A new RSN, Comcast SportsNet Houston,  for the Rockets and Astros will be launched this fall.  Yet another round of carriage agreement negotiations for the TV providers!

Message 4 of 143 (45,071 Views)
ACE - Expert

This is all AT&T's fault.

There! It's already been said.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 143 (45,065 Views)
Tutor

but rockets and astros are moving to the comcast sports net nest season....... what channel will that be on att uverse

Message 6 of 143 (45,038 Views)
Expert

No announcement has been made about carriage of that channel on U-verse.

Message 7 of 143 (45,036 Views)
Scholar

Just for the record. All the people who claim that AT&T is guilty of nothing are just as pathetic as the people who claim AT&T is guilty of everything.
Message 8 of 143 (45,031 Views)
Tutor

texasguy... how can att uverse have no talk or dont know about coverage of the  Rockets and Astros Games next year or the channel it will be on,,, its being  moved to  comcast sports net..... att uverse has to have it.... there are millions of texas people who have uverse who would want to watch the astros and rockets they will be upset and prob cancell Uverse.....

Message 9 of 143 (45,023 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

jbb7aaa wrote:

texasguy... how can att uverse have no talk or dont know about coverage of the  Rockets and Astros Games next year or the channel it will be on,,, its being  moved to  comcast sports net..... att uverse has to have it.... there are millions of texas people who have uverse who would want to watch the astros and rockets they will be upset and prob cancell Uverse.....

I didn't say that there were no negotiations.  I said that no announcement has been made about carriage.  As far as I know, no TV provider has made an announcement about carriage of Comcast SportsNet Houston.

Message 10 of 143 (45,021 Views)

jbb7aaa wrote:

AT&T doesn't HAVE to carry any channels but the locals.  There are other channels such as FS San Diego that AT&T does not carry.  I'm sure AT&T is going to be in negotiations to carry this channel, but since it's Comcast owned, expect it to take a while and it may cost more for this channel. 

As for the "millions of Texas people", UVerse ony has about 4.1 million subscribers and they are not all in Texas.  I do happen to live in Texas but I don't root for or watch the Astros or Rockets.  Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 11 of 143 (45,005 Views)
Expert

jbb7aaa wrote:

AT&T has traditionally been very tight-lipped about upcoming channels and the status of existing negotiations.  There are no doubt many things going on behind the scenes that the public does not know about and will not know about until AT&T decides to make an official announcement.

Message 12 of 143 (44,971 Views)
Tutor

Junior Wizard you said ... Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

well I live in Houston, so I would want to see the astros and rockets game.... im talking about in houston texas people fans and customers....
Message 13 of 143 (44,922 Views)

jbb7aaa wrote:
Junior Wizard you said ... Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

well I live in Houston, so I would want to see the astros and rockets game.... im talking about in houston texas people fans and customers....

No you said that if AT&T didn't carry the channel that they would lose millions of subscribers.  I doubt they'd lose more than a few thousand at most.

Message 14 of 143 (44,910 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.