Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 5, 2013
10:16:47 AM
CBS On Demand?
Does anyone know why CBS is the only "basic" channel not available On Demand? Other than they carry most of my favorite "prime time" shows and that's the way my luck usually runs!!! Smiley Happy
Does anyone know why CBS is the only "basic" channel not available On Demand? Other than they carry most of my favorite "prime time" shows and that's the way my luck usually runs!!! Smiley Happy

CBS On Demand?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 10:59:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
CBS on demand is only available in those markets served by a CBS affiliate that is directly owned by CBS. I don't get it here in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC market either. This sucks, but I don't think it is the fault of U-Verse. CBS has historically made itself the most difficult of the networks to deal with.
CBS on demand is only available in those markets served by a CBS affiliate that is directly owned by CBS. I don't get it here in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC market either. This sucks, but I don't think it is the fault of U-Verse. CBS has historically made itself the most difficult of the networks to deal with.

Re: CBS On Demand?

2 of 11 (2,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 11:12:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ToyPrincess wrote:

Only in these O&O markets according to the agreement ATT could get:

CBS O&O Markets

Baltimore: WJZ-TV (channel 13)
Boston: WBZ-TV (channel 4)
Chicago: WBBM-TV (channel 2)
Detroit: WWJ-TV (channel 62)
Denver: KCNC-TV (channel 4)
Fort Worth: KTVT (channel 11)
Los Angeles: KCBS-TV (channel 2)
Miami: WFOR-TV (channel 4)
Minneapolis: WCCO-TV (channel 4)
New York City: WCBS-TV (channel 2)
Philadelphia: KYW-TV (channel 3)
Pittsburgh: KDKA-TV (channel 2)
San Francisco: KPIX (channel 5)
Stockton, California: KOVR (channel 13) Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ToyPrincess wrote:

Only in these O&O markets according to the agreement ATT could get:

CBS O&O Markets

Baltimore: WJZ-TV (channel 13)
Boston: WBZ-TV (channel 4)
Chicago: WBBM-TV (channel 2)
Detroit: WWJ-TV (channel 62)
Denver: KCNC-TV (channel 4)
Fort Worth: KTVT (channel 11)
Los Angeles: KCBS-TV (channel 2)
Miami: WFOR-TV (channel 4)
Minneapolis: WCCO-TV (channel 4)
New York City: WCBS-TV (channel 2)
Philadelphia: KYW-TV (channel 3)
Pittsburgh: KDKA-TV (channel 2)
San Francisco: KPIX (channel 5)
Stockton, California: KOVR (channel 13) Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (2,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 12:12:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Codycooper864, I'm in the Easley area! Grew up in Greenville!! Nice to meet you neighbor!! Still no CBS OnDemand stinks!!
Codycooper864, I'm in the Easley area! Grew up in Greenville!! Nice to meet you neighbor!! Still no CBS OnDemand stinks!!

4 of 11 (2,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 8:34:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Even though we have CBS On Demand here in metro Detroit, it does not carry all CBS primetime shows.

Specifically The Mentalist and Criminal Minds (probably production Co. decisions) are not there of ones I watch. Smiley Wink

Chris

Even though we have CBS On Demand here in metro Detroit, it does not carry all CBS primetime shows.

Specifically The Mentalist and Criminal Minds (probably production Co. decisions) are not there of ones I watch. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (2,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 8:40:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I've wondered about no Mentalist.  I  actually watch that show, I used to watch Criminal Minds but haven't in the past couple of years.  I do watch Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, NCIS LA, Big Brother, Survivor, Person of Interest and now that it's coming back, Unforgettable.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I've wondered about no Mentalist.  I  actually watch that show, I used to watch Criminal Minds but haven't in the past couple of years.  I do watch Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, NCIS LA, Big Brother, Survivor, Person of Interest and now that it's coming back, Unforgettable.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 11 (2,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 8:58:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I'm glad to see Unforgetable coming back too, hopefully not just for a few episodes this summer.

Criminal Minds is produced by ABC Studios amd CBS Television Studios, probably blocked by ABC Studios.  The Mentalist is Warner Bros Television. Smiley Wink

Chris

oufanindallas wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I'm glad to see Unforgetable coming back too, hopefully not just for a few episodes this summer.

Criminal Minds is produced by ABC Studios amd CBS Television Studios, probably blocked by ABC Studios.  The Mentalist is Warner Bros Television. Smiley Wink

Chris

7 of 11 (2,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:32:45 AM
(0)
Scholar
I hope Atlanta can CBS ondemand would love to have it .

8 of 11 (2,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 9:47:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
CBS seems to be pushing it's own app. I know it is not the same as using U-verse on-demand. But, something is available on the web & CBS may be showing they want to deliver on-demand direct instead of through other providers.
CBS seems to be pushing it's own app. I know it is not the same as using U-verse on-demand. But, something is available on the web & CBS may be showing they want to deliver on-demand direct instead of through other providers.

9 of 11 (2,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 10:02:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

aviewer wrote:

That would be a nice alternative for uverse subs who do not have cbs ondemand due to not being locally owned.

Have the nationally owned cbs provide us with a cbs app in the go interactive section.

aviewer wrote:

That would be a nice alternative for uverse subs who do not have cbs ondemand due to not being locally owned.

Have the nationally owned cbs provide us with a cbs app in the go interactive section.

10 of 11 (2,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 9:14:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ryan456 wrote:

Look at the O&O CBS markets I posted above and you will NOT see Atlanta, so no CBS On Demand, Smiley Wink

Chris

Ryan456 wrote:

Look at the O&O CBS markets I posted above and you will NOT see Atlanta, so no CBS On Demand, Smiley Wink

Chris

11 of 11 (2,052 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments