Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 18, 2013
8:43:09 PM
View profile
CBS Being dropped

Not from UVerse, but from TWC.  This showed up on Facebook from my local CBS Station.

And folks say that only AT&T loses channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Not from UVerse, but from TWC.  This showed up on Facebook from my local CBS Station.

And folks say that only AT&T loses channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

CBS Being dropped

39 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(39)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 5:30:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

BeeBeeSA wrote:

We should all go register over at the TWC forums and be one post wonders!!  Isn't that the way it happens here?  Does Hallmark ring a bell?

Here is a link to their "Channels and Programming" forum in case anyone wants to check it out. It sure sounds like our forum.  http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/bd-p/channels_programming

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

BeeBeeSA wrote:

We should all go register over at the TWC forums and be one post wonders!!  Isn't that the way it happens here?  Does Hallmark ring a bell?

Here is a link to their "Channels and Programming" forum in case anyone wants to check it out. It sure sounds like our forum.  http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/bd-p/channels_programming

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: CBS Being dropped

31 of 40 (514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 7:10:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Did TWC drop Showtime AND CBS?

At least all the Hallmark fans are happy campers, huh?  Smiley Frustrated

32 of 40 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 9:05:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dwinth wrote:

BeeBeeSA wrote:

It's like deja vu all over again.  It's comical.

dwinth wrote:

BeeBeeSA wrote:

It's like deja vu all over again.  It's comical.

33 of 40 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 11:55:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

They dropped Showtime, and other channels owned by Showtime such as The Movie Channel, Flix, and Smithsonian.

skeeterintexas wrote:

They dropped Showtime, and other channels owned by Showtime such as The Movie Channel, Flix, and Smithsonian.

34 of 40 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 12:13:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well, CBS owns Showtime...

Well, CBS owns Showtime...

35 of 40 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 1:12:50 PM
(0)
Scholar
IMO losing CBS is a lot worse then crying over Hallmark i would hate to miss my football so glad i have Uverse .
IMO losing CBS is a lot worse then crying over Hallmark i would hate to miss my football so glad i have Uverse .

36 of 40 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 10:16:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Aug 3, 2013 at 10:23:44 PM

CBS has probably 75% of the top shows on tv right now.  There forums are all blowing up over the loss and their mods are laying down the company message about a 600% increase.

Of course they bring up AT&T and Hallmark.  Little different when it's a 3rd tier channel and not a major network(s).

CBS has probably 75% of the top shows on tv right now.  There forums are all blowing up over the loss and their mods are laying down the company message about a 600% increase.

Of course they bring up AT&T and Hallmark.  Little different when it's a 3rd tier channel and not a major network(s).

[ Edited ]
37 of 40 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 12:01:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

We can only hope that U-Verse never loses CBS, lol. 

For giggles, I visited the TWC forum and the main takeaway from my visit, is thre is more reliance on actual employees to answer questions and less from the commuinity.

oufanindallas wrote:

For giggles, I visited the TWC forum and the main takeaway from my visit, is thre is more reliance on actual employees to answer questions and less from the commuinity.

38 of 40 (296 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 2:19:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I agree, I watch mostly CBS shows so that would really be bad.  I also notice their employees are all blaming CBS.  I've read a few articles where CBS has doubled the carriage fee from $1.00 to $2.00, but that's not a 600% increase by any stretch.  Not sure how much the actual increase is, but when you have the #1 network it's going to cost more.

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I agree, I watch mostly CBS shows so that would really be bad.  I also notice their employees are all blaming CBS.  I've read a few articles where CBS has doubled the carriage fee from $1.00 to $2.00, but that's not a 600% increase by any stretch.  Not sure how much the actual increase is, but when you have the #1 network it's going to cost more.

39 of 40 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 6:44:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I agree, I watch mostly CBS shows so that would really be bad.  I also notice their employees are all blaming CBS.  I've read a few articles where CBS has doubled the carriage fee from $1.00 to $2.00, but that's not a 600% increase by any stretch.  Not sure how much the actual increase is, but when you have the #1 network it's going to cost more.

Of course they would say that.  They would never say "We are the party holding things up."  I have seen TWC employees correcting other TWC employees who were providing blatant misinformation.  

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I agree, I watch mostly CBS shows so that would really be bad.  I also notice their employees are all blaming CBS.  I've read a few articles where CBS has doubled the carriage fee from $1.00 to $2.00, but that's not a 600% increase by any stretch.  Not sure how much the actual increase is, but when you have the #1 network it's going to cost more.

Of course they would say that.  They would never say "We are the party holding things up."  I have seen TWC employees correcting other TWC employees who were providing blatant misinformation.  

40 of 40 (207 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments