Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 12, 2013
6:46:32 PM
CANCELED AT&T, went back to Time Warner. AT&T worst ever!
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 12, 2013 at 9:31:36 PM

I recenty switched from Time Warner cable internet and phone to ATT U-Verse in hopes of saving a few bucks. 

IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I CANCELLED MY CRAPPY ATT SERVICE TODAY and i am going back to Time Warner, for only 10 bucks more a month. (No lame DSL internet either)

Here is a list of my problems which led me to cancel.......

1. Crappy installation, another tech had to come out and repair the loose wires left exposed after install.

2. Old as dirt wifi router. They actually try to charge you 100$ for a crappy old wifi router that does not work. Tech came back and gave me a "new" one. Internet worked slightly better.

2. Wifi download speeds would crawl regularily. I pay for (up to, what a joke!) up to 18mbs....on wifi, i seldom had higher than 2.5 mbs download. 

3. Rude overseas customer service agents. Called with wifi complaints, C/S told me i had 18 devices connected to my wifi router and "I WAS USING IT TOO MUCH" thats why it didnt work. That was just plain insulting to my intelegance. Of the 18, 8 were att tech tools they used to measure signal strength on service calls. Those devices stay listed even if they are using data or not. You would think the "internet trouble shoooting" c/s agent in the philapenes would know this. Nope. 

4. extra charges of .30 cents in "ATT OFF NET CALLS". I called C/s and they simply and ignorantly stated i went over my minutes, (250), in one day?!??!?!?! This was not the issue. ATT could never explain themselves for that one. It is only .30 cents, but it shows how ATT is, they suck, they are so disorgnaized, with outdated equipment and 3rd world call centers wasting your time. 

5. C/S Agent (Manager) Hung up on me after i asked her to tell me why my wifi was slow, other than her explanation that I was using it "too much".

6. You ever try to call ATT? what a mess!! takes 10 minutes just to get to the right department, before you talk to someone. 

7. 250 gb monthly data limit, THAT WAS NOT MADE APPARENT UNTIL AFTER I HAD SERVICE INSTALLED.

8. ATT Tech came out today and told me at my front door that he is aware u-verse sucks and has down time. He said he would give me a $100 credit if I called the ATT Office and canceled the appt.

*9. Alan, from the cancelation department, he was the only person i spoke with, ever, at ATT who spoke human, common sense. Good guy. He should get a job somewhere else. 

Called TimeWarner today, they will be out tomorrow with a FASTER more RELIABLE internet conection tomorrow, for only 10 bucks more a month. TOTALLY WORTH it as i spend an HOUR a day on the phone with ATT, listening to them say over and over "thank you for holding". lol

If you want cheap, you can have ATT. But for the service and poroduct you get, it should cost $10 a month, not 49.99 a month. 

So save yourself frustration and time. Leave ATT to the crappy cell phone service and let the real BROADBAND internet companies provide good phone and internet service.

I wonder how long this post will stay up before ATT removes??

Also, ALAN from the cancel dept. said I would not be charged ANYTHING for my cancelation. I shouldnt be, i singed up 2 weeks ago and ATT failed to deliver. 

[Inappropriate content removed]

I recenty switched from Time Warner cable internet and phone to ATT U-Verse in hopes of saving a few bucks. 

IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I CANCELLED MY CRAPPY ATT SERVICE TODAY and i am going back to Time Warner, for only 10 bucks more a month. (No lame DSL internet either)

Here is a list of my problems which led me to cancel.......

1. Crappy installation, another tech had to come out and repair the loose wires left exposed after install.

2. Old as dirt wifi router. They actually try to charge you 100$ for a crappy old wifi router that does not work. Tech came back and gave me a "new" one. Internet worked slightly better.

2. Wifi download speeds would crawl regularily. I pay for (up to, what a joke!) up to 18mbs....on wifi, i seldom had higher than 2.5 mbs download. 

3. Rude overseas customer service agents. Called with wifi complaints, C/S told me i had 18 devices connected to my wifi router and "I WAS USING IT TOO MUCH" thats why it didnt work. That was just plain insulting to my intelegance. Of the 18, 8 were att tech tools they used to measure signal strength on service calls. Those devices stay listed even if they are using data or not. You would think the "internet trouble shoooting" c/s agent in the philapenes would know this. Nope. 

4. extra charges of .30 cents in "ATT OFF NET CALLS". I called C/s and they simply and ignorantly stated i went over my minutes, (250), in one day?!??!?!?! This was not the issue. ATT could never explain themselves for that one. It is only .30 cents, but it shows how ATT is, they suck, they are so disorgnaized, with outdated equipment and 3rd world call centers wasting your time. 

5. C/S Agent (Manager) Hung up on me after i asked her to tell me why my wifi was slow, other than her explanation that I was using it "too much".

6. You ever try to call ATT? what a mess!! takes 10 minutes just to get to the right department, before you talk to someone. 

7. 250 gb monthly data limit, THAT WAS NOT MADE APPARENT UNTIL AFTER I HAD SERVICE INSTALLED.

8. ATT Tech came out today and told me at my front door that he is aware u-verse sucks and has down time. He said he would give me a $100 credit if I called the ATT Office and canceled the appt.

*9. Alan, from the cancelation department, he was the only person i spoke with, ever, at ATT who spoke human, common sense. Good guy. He should get a job somewhere else. 

Called TimeWarner today, they will be out tomorrow with a FASTER more RELIABLE internet conection tomorrow, for only 10 bucks more a month. TOTALLY WORTH it as i spend an HOUR a day on the phone with ATT, listening to them say over and over "thank you for holding". lol

If you want cheap, you can have ATT. But for the service and poroduct you get, it should cost $10 a month, not 49.99 a month. 

So save yourself frustration and time. Leave ATT to the crappy cell phone service and let the real BROADBAND internet companies provide good phone and internet service.

I wonder how long this post will stay up before ATT removes??

Also, ALAN from the cancel dept. said I would not be charged ANYTHING for my cancelation. I shouldnt be, i singed up 2 weeks ago and ATT failed to deliver. 

CANCELED AT&T, went back to Time Warner. AT&T worst ever!

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 3:28:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

4. The 250 minute plan is prorated on your first bill, so you would only have a prorated amount of those 250 minutes available for the partial billing cycle.

6. 10 minutes? That hardly sounds like a long wait at all.

7. The 250 GB limit is in the terms and conditions you agreed to. In addition, it is not being enforced for Uverse customers at this time.

4. The 250 minute plan is prorated on your first bill, so you would only have a prorated amount of those 250 minutes available for the partial billing cycle.

6. 10 minutes? That hardly sounds like a long wait at all.

7. The 250 GB limit is in the terms and conditions you agreed to. In addition, it is not being enforced for Uverse customers at this time.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: CANCELED AT&T, went back to Time Warner. AT&T worst ever!

2 of 7 (805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 8:19:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Good luck with your new provider!

Good luck with your new provider!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:21:06 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:21:07 AM

McChick:

#7 That is kind of a biggy. Especially because the info is hidden in the fine print. I bet if you bought a car, and at the end of the month the dealer sends you a bill for driving over x amount of miles, you would be upset. And the dealer would say, "well it was in the terms and conditions you agreed to". What the dealer and ATT are really trying to say is, we want to bury any information that may deter customers from purchasing our products.  THAT info should be in a BIG RED STICKER on the web site!!!!

McChick:

#7 That is kind of a biggy. Especially because the info is hidden in the fine print. I bet if you bought a car, and at the end of the month the dealer sends you a bill for driving over x amount of miles, you would be upset. And the dealer would say, "well it was in the terms and conditions you agreed to". What the dealer and ATT are really trying to say is, we want to bury any information that may deter customers from purchasing our products.  THAT info should be in a BIG RED STICKER on the web site!!!!

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:38:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

#4, that is the policy with a lot of carriers.  I know that my wireless provider (Verizon Wireless) works that way.

#6, 10 minutes is more than I'd like to wait, but low for some customer service telephone queues.  I remember being on hold for over 40 minutes for Charter to resolve an issue more than once.

#7, AT&T has stated in that "fine print" that the subscriber would get multiple notifications they were reaching and exceeding any limit before charges would start to occur.  They've also stated that until there's a working meter that you don't need to be concerned with being billed for overages.   It's in writing.  The 250 GB cap is a non issue for now, and can't be made an issue for anyone for at least two months of notices.

#4, that is the policy with a lot of carriers.  I know that my wireless provider (Verizon Wireless) works that way.

#6, 10 minutes is more than I'd like to wait, but low for some customer service telephone queues.  I remember being on hold for over 40 minutes for Charter to resolve an issue more than once.

#7, AT&T has stated in that "fine print" that the subscriber would get multiple notifications they were reaching and exceeding any limit before charges would start to occur.  They've also stated that until there's a working meter that you don't need to be concerned with being billed for overages.   It's in writing.  The 250 GB cap is a non issue for now, and can't be made an issue for anyone for at least two months of notices.

5 of 7 (691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 3:17:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

worstproviderever wrote:

McChick:

Unlike Comcast and TWC, AT&T is not enforcing the cap.  Both Comcast and TWC are looking at expanding the areas that have caps on their internet as a way to suck more money from their customers. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

worstproviderever wrote:

McChick:

Unlike Comcast and TWC, AT&T is not enforcing the cap.  Both Comcast and TWC are looking at expanding the areas that have caps on their internet as a way to suck more money from their customers. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 7 (632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 3:41:00 PM
(0)
Employee

worstproviderever wrote:

McChick:

In all honesty, most customer's come nowhere close to the 250GB limit per month. Also, you can keep track of your usage on our website and we do notify you when you have used 65% of the 250GB. 

worstproviderever wrote:

McChick:

In all honesty, most customer's come nowhere close to the 250GB limit per month. Also, you can keep track of your usage on our website and we do notify you when you have used 65% of the 250GB. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (527 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments