By far the worst ISP I have ever had to deal with.

Contributor

By far the worst ISP I have ever had to deal with.

Firstly we are grosly overpaying for a puny 6mb/s connection, but it won't even perform above 2mb/s. I've been trying to download a game onto my xbox what is wired to the modem for 6 hours and its only 2.3 gigs in. If I connect my phone or laptop to the internet my xbox just stops the connection and the router just overheats.

Message 1 of 4
Community Manager

Re: By far the worst ISP I have ever had to deal with.

Hello, iMineforDub!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your internet speeds. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Employee

Hello @iMine4Dub 

I'm sorry to hear that your U-verse internet is not working the way it's supposed to but, I'll be glad to assist you. If you don't mind, there's just a few things I want to ask you to help rule out a couple possibilities that could be causing the problem.

1.) Where in your home is the gateway/modem located? Is it in a location up high near a ceiling fan? Down on a carpet floor? (If down on the floor, try elevating it's location)

2.) Is your gateway plugged into any power strips/surge protectors? (If so, try an individual plug instead)

3.) Is it close to any device that would give out EMI (Electromagnetic Interference)? Ex: Computers, monitors, TV's, A/V amps/receivers, treadmills, garage-door openers, etc. (It would be best to keep it at a 3 ft distance from these sorts of devices)

Sorry for all the questions, but having a good idea of the gateway's environment could give us a good idea on how we can resolve this issue. If these questions/suggestions didn't help improve the service then please send a response the Private Message that I have sent to your inbox. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Welcome to the nightmare of ATT

They will lie to you and string you along, they will do nothing to solve the problem. Customer service is the worst, they must train these people to lie like this I cant beleive you could find liars of this caliber in the general public!

They will have you chasing your tail blaming your equpment and setup whle they are not providing the service they want you to pay for.

It should be illegal to do business this way. Spread the word, record phone conversations with customer service and get the word out that ATT deliberately lies to customers.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support