Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 8, 2013
10:16:02 AM
View profile
Burying AT&T Wire - HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE??!

I had my Uverse service installed on 6-10 and at the time, the tech laid a new wire down that stretched from my neighbor's house, across another neighbor's house, then onto mine.  The tech said someone would be out to bury the wire in "a couple weeks" and no one came.

I called Tech Support for an unrelated issue last week and also complained that the wire had still not been buried.  Support said they'd send a guy out to work on my tech issue, who would also bury the wire at the same time.

Tech came out last week and guess what?  He couldn't bury the wire, said I had to call the 800 number... again.

After another 30 minutes on hold today, finally got someone on the phone who said "maybe" someone would be out in 1-2 weeks to bury the wire.

Are you kidding me?  Why should I have to wait 2 months for you to bury your own equipment?  My neighbors are thoroughly tired of having to move the wire every time they cut the grass.  Good job AT&T, you just lost anyone in the neighborhood who may have signed up for your service.

I had my Uverse service installed on 6-10 and at the time, the tech laid a new wire down that stretched from my neighbor's house, across another neighbor's house, then onto mine.  The tech said someone would be out to bury the wire in "a couple weeks" and no one came.

I called Tech Support for an unrelated issue last week and also complained that the wire had still not been buried.  Support said they'd send a guy out to work on my tech issue, who would also bury the wire at the same time.

Tech came out last week and guess what?  He couldn't bury the wire, said I had to call the 800 number... again.

After another 30 minutes on hold today, finally got someone on the phone who said "maybe" someone would be out in 1-2 weeks to bury the wire.

Are you kidding me?  Why should I have to wait 2 months for you to bury your own equipment?  My neighbors are thoroughly tired of having to move the wire every time they cut the grass.  Good job AT&T, you just lost anyone in the neighborhood who may have signed up for your service.

Burying AT&T Wire - HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE??!

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 1:31:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They should be able to get this taken care of for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They should be able to get this taken care of for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Burying AT&T Wire - HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE??!

2 of 4 (490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 5:47:34 PM
(0)
Employee
In our area ATT does nit bury but uses an outside contractor, the premise tech is responsible for creating the work order to bury wire. I have been sent on repairs for just your issue only to tell the customer I can verify the cable, check the overall install, address any problems found (ie....ungrounded NID) and place a work order for burial. I do give the customer my number and ask they follow up with me within 2 weeks, most report 5-7 business days before work us done.

Note in the north they do not bury once ground freezes, have many orders place all winter and once unfrozen may take up to six weeks but all are done by summer time, your install in mid June should have been done easily before the fireworks display. Hate to say this but need a tech visit to write the burial ticket, your visit last week should have resolved this, did the tech leave his number? His managers number? One of them should be able to handle this without a call to support if no number then yes need to contact normal tier support again or post to customer care for escalation (both just create another tech dispatch maybe with a manager in tow) Hopefully done before neighbor runs over drop with lawn mower and need a visit to place another wire on the ground (been there, done that). Thank you and hope to hear good things in future.
In our area ATT does nit bury but uses an outside contractor, the premise tech is responsible for creating the work order to bury wire. I have been sent on repairs for just your issue only to tell the customer I can verify the cable, check the overall install, address any problems found (ie....ungrounded NID) and place a work order for burial. I do give the customer my number and ask they follow up with me within 2 weeks, most report 5-7 business days before work us done.

Note in the north they do not bury once ground freezes, have many orders place all winter and once unfrozen may take up to six weeks but all are done by summer time, your install in mid June should have been done easily before the fireworks display. Hate to say this but need a tech visit to write the burial ticket, your visit last week should have resolved this, did the tech leave his number? His managers number? One of them should be able to handle this without a call to support if no number then yes need to contact normal tier support again or post to customer care for escalation (both just create another tech dispatch maybe with a manager in tow) Hopefully done before neighbor runs over drop with lawn mower and need a visit to place another wire on the ground (been there, done that). Thank you and hope to hear good things in future.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 8:29:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

my thoughts wrote:

No you do not need another tech visit.  Sending a PM to customer care will get this issue resolved.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

my thoughts wrote:

No you do not need another tech visit.  Sending a PM to customer care will get this issue resolved.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (458 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments