Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 22, 2013
12:26:54 PM
View profile
Buried cable frustration.......help!!!!

Been a Uverse customer for some time now. My wife and i moved into a newly constructed house in late november of 2012. We were told that the cable which hangs out across my driveway and around the back of my property would be buried soon. A few weeks passed and we were told that they were waiting for the town permits to bury the cable. Another phone call then communication stopped. I've called ATT several times, been promised several times that the issue would be resolved in 10 days and nothing happens.

Here we are almost 3 months later and absolutely nothing has been done. This is my last ditch attemp to resolve before i cancel the service which I haven't done before now becasue i really like it. I find this absolutely appalling.

Can anyone help me????

Been a Uverse customer for some time now. My wife and i moved into a newly constructed house in late november of 2012. We were told that the cable which hangs out across my driveway and around the back of my property would be buried soon. A few weeks passed and we were told that they were waiting for the town permits to bury the cable. Another phone call then communication stopped. I've called ATT several times, been promised several times that the issue would be resolved in 10 days and nothing happens.

Here we are almost 3 months later and absolutely nothing has been done. This is my last ditch attemp to resolve before i cancel the service which I haven't done before now becasue i really like it. I find this absolutely appalling.

Can anyone help me????

Buried cable frustration.......help!!!!

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 5:51:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved.  

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved.  

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Buried cable frustration.......help!!!!

2 of 7 (632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 6:12:40 PM
(0)
Professor
What part of the country do you live in? Winter time, lines do not get buried until Spring in the majority of the parts of the country. That would mean at least late March, early April for most of us.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
What part of the country do you live in? Winter time, lines do not get buried until Spring in the majority of the parts of the country. That would mean at least late March, early April for most of us.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

3 of 7 (625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 6:23:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
I live in Texas. Winter isn't really a factor here but thanks for the response.
I live in Texas. Winter isn't really a factor here but thanks for the response.

4 of 7 (620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 6:59:12 PM
(0)
Professor
Right now it is Winter, and with not only crews having to rebuild NYC & New Jersey areas hit by Sandy, a lot of them are also trying to bring back online those areas just hit with the Winter Storm this past week, and now having to deal the the round that came through as of Thursday.

If it was me, I would just take a shovel, cut a trench as far down as you can get the shovel under the sod, lift the sod, put the cable in there, lay the sod back, and press down with your shoe as you go.

My father worked for the telephone company for over 35 years, and he always stated that it was easier for home owners a lot of time to do the stuff like burying cables, or inside repair if they were able to be comfortable doing, their own self, than wait for the company to move on it. Especially when extreme weather events happen.

Right now it is Winter, and with not only crews having to rebuild NYC & New Jersey areas hit by Sandy, a lot of them are also trying to bring back online those areas just hit with the Winter Storm this past week, and now having to deal the the round that came through as of Thursday.

If it was me, I would just take a shovel, cut a trench as far down as you can get the shovel under the sod, lift the sod, put the cable in there, lay the sod back, and press down with your shoe as you go.

My father worked for the telephone company for over 35 years, and he always stated that it was easier for home owners a lot of time to do the stuff like burying cables, or inside repair if they were able to be comfortable doing, their own self, than wait for the company to move on it. Especially when extreme weather events happen.

5 of 7 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 9:24:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Call the AT&T Buried Cable Dept directly at (800) 924-9420. They're open from 7:30am to 7pm Eastern Time, M-F.

Call the AT&T Buried Cable Dept directly at (800) 924-9420. They're open from 7:30am to 7pm Eastern Time, M-F.

6 of 7 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 9:36:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Note: The original post was made over a year ago (Feb. of 2013).

I hope he found a solution before now!
Note: The original post was made over a year ago (Feb. of 2013).

I hope he found a solution before now!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (297 Views)