Broadband light blinking red but my internet still works. Whats the problem???

Broadband light blinking red but my internet still works. Whats the problem???

I've had AT&T U-Verse internet for about a month now and had no problems with it. But this morning when I woke up, I saw a blinking red light on my modem. The other lights were solid green, but the Broadband light was blinking red. I tried using the web on my laptop and I managed to go on Google and Facebook. But still I see a blinking red light on my modem. What's the problem here? I haven't touched the modem since I first had it installed in my home. How can I fix this?
Message 1 of 3 (3,333 Views)
Employee

Re: Broadband light blinking red but my internet still works. Whats the problem???

Flashing RED broadband, service is still up.... your on a bonded pair install with a 589 RG.
One of the lines has dropped service, or not being seen by RG software.
Possible issues include....
1) port out of sync, need port bounce, call for tier support to bounce port
2) bad jumper at VRAD, need tech to replace, call schedule tech visit
3) bad port at VRAD, tech needs to do port swap, call schedule tech visit
4) outside plant issue, tech needs to create a ticket for lineman, call schedule tech visit.
5) loose connection or bad drop at serving terminal, tech repair/replace drop wire, call schedule a tech visit
6) loose connection at NID, tech repair, call schedule tech visit.
7) issue with home run NID to RG, tech repair/replace, call schedule tech visit.
8) issue with jack or data cable at RG, tech repair/replace, call schedule tech visit.
9) issue is with RG not detecting signal, tech swap Rg, call schedule tech visit.

Conclusion, call schedule tech visit.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (3,321 Views)

Re: Broadband light blinking red but my internet still works. Whats the problem???

What happens if I don't call in a tech guy to come? Cause I'll be away of my home this weekend. Will this interupt my internet service if I ignore it?...
Message 3 of 3 (3,309 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.