Broadband 1 and Broadband 2 red lights now.

Tutor

Broadband 1 and Broadband 2 red lights now.

Last week I upgraded my internet to the full speed and they gave me the newest modem out that has two lines coming into your house I guess. Hence the broadband 1 and broadband 2.

After a day, it stopped working and a tech came out. Went to the main box down the street, said I'm two far away for two lines so I'm back to old line. Broadband 1 stays green and 2 stays red. Everything worked for a week.

I come home today and both broadband 1 and 2 are red. Unplugged, reset, etc. No luck. I call support and they can't come out until NEXT TUESDAY. That is so unacceptable I just want to freak out but what the heck can I do?

I tried searching for support but no many people have these new modems yet as they were released really recently. Does anyone know any way to help me out? I don't care about my TV but my side job involves internet and a week without it is horrible customer service.

Message 1 of 4 (5,410 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Broadband 1 and Broadband 2 red lights now.

wrenny wrote:

Last week I upgraded my internet to the full speed and they gave me the newest modem out that has two lines coming into your house I guess. Hence the broadband 1 and broadband 2.

An NVG 589, I should think.

After a day, it stopped working and a tech came out. Went to the main box down the street, said I'm two far away for two lines so I'm back to old line.

That makes absolutely no sense.  Too close for two lines, maybe.  Too far for two lines (but one line is okay) is not logical.  Too far for two lines means no service at all.

Broadband 1 stays green and 2 stays red. Everything worked for a week.

However, yes, the NVG 589 can work on just one line if you really only need one line.  I think there's a setting you can change to make the #2 light go out instead of being red, but I'm not certain of that.

I come home today and both broadband 1 and 2 are red. Unplugged, reset, etc. No luck. I call support and they can't come out until NEXT TUESDAY. That is so unacceptable I just want to freak out but what the heck can I do?

Um... unfortunately not much.  You can check the lines between the NVG 589 and your NID to be sure they're all connected properly, but that's about it.

I tried searching for support but no many people have these new modems yet as they were released really recently. Does anyone know any way to help me out? I don't care about my TV but my side job involves internet and a week without it is horrible customer service.

You are right, they are brand new and very few (if any) of the ACE's who provide the lion's share of the support on this forum have them, or have documentation on them.  Regardless of this, a red broadband light indicates a physical connection problem, and unless its inside your house (or at the NID), there's not a lot YOU can do about it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (5,407 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the help. That's what I figured.

I just can't believe you have to wait a week to get someone out. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna call direct TV and Time warner. If I can get a new install before then, I'm gonna do it.

This has been the worst ATT month ever.

Message 3 of 4 (5,386 Views)
Highlighted

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4 (5,340 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.