U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 17, 2013
10:04:18 AM
View profile
Box needs resetting everyday

We have a uverse dvr box in our bedroom. Once a day it needs to be rebooted for no reason. We found that unplugging the hdmu cord works to reset it too. Our whole house was re-wired twice in efforts to fix this including replacing all hdmi wires. But, problem continues. After taking 2-3 days off of work to have house re-wired we didn't want to deal with another visit. Anyone have any suggestions?

We have a uverse dvr box in our bedroom. Once a day it needs to be rebooted for no reason. We found that unplugging the hdmu cord works to reset it too. Our whole house was re-wired twice in efforts to fix this including replacing all hdmi wires. But, problem continues. After taking 2-3 days off of work to have house re-wired we didn't want to deal with another visit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Box needs resetting everyday

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 10:50:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Danatra - How do you know it needs rebooting? Because it does not provide a video feed? Since you accomplished video restore by unplugging the HDMI cable it must be an HDMI incompatibility.

What is model of TV? Try different HDMI inputs on the TV. Try turning on the TV first. You really have to try component input. If you do not have enough cables to try component try video, coax or s-video. These are not HD, but it is a test to see if the problem is HDMI. Be sure to disconnect the HDMI cable from the STB.
Danatra - How do you know it needs rebooting? Because it does not provide a video feed? Since you accomplished video restore by unplugging the HDMI cable it must be an HDMI incompatibility.

What is model of TV? Try different HDMI inputs on the TV. Try turning on the TV first. You really have to try component input. If you do not have enough cables to try component try video, coax or s-video. These are not HD, but it is a test to see if the problem is HDMI. Be sure to disconnect the HDMI cable from the STB.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Box needs resetting everyday

2 of 4 (241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 8:52:30 PM
(0)
Employee

Danatra wrote:

Can you be a little more specific?  If it's what I think it sounds like, you're getting an HDMI error like 1005.  If so, might need to switch to a component input because of a software incompatibility between the tv and the box.  Usually seems to drop up on TVs made by Insignia, Sharp, and Vizio.  This list is not all inclusive because it's more of software issue so sometimes only certain models by these manufacturers seem to have an issue.  You won't lose any quality switching to component and won't have some of the same issues.  If this is the case it's not box issue and not something wrong with your tv just an incompatibility due to the standard.

Danatra wrote:

Can you be a little more specific?  If it's what I think it sounds like, you're getting an HDMI error like 1005.  If so, might need to switch to a component input because of a software incompatibility between the tv and the box.  Usually seems to drop up on TVs made by Insignia, Sharp, and Vizio.  This list is not all inclusive because it's more of software issue so sometimes only certain models by these manufacturers seem to have an issue.  You won't lose any quality switching to component and won't have some of the same issues.  If this is the case it's not box issue and not something wrong with your tv just an incompatibility due to the standard.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 5:26:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem since I receive the newest DVR

I have to disagree with your advice. Why would I need to switch cable type because of a flawed product ATT provided? I pay for a complely functioning DVR and it would seem to me that maybe I was provided one that only works with MOST tv's?

I find it quite suspect that my old DVR IPN4320 work perfect with no trouble but the new box ISB7500 does not give the same result.

To me the problem is clearly on ATT to resolve the "software glitch" or to redcue the cost to those who have to use an alternet connection method. At 50% off everyones bill I would bet ATT would fix the problem in record time. What say you ATT employee?

I have the same problem since I receive the newest DVR

I have to disagree with your advice. Why would I need to switch cable type because of a flawed product ATT provided? I pay for a complely functioning DVR and it would seem to me that maybe I was provided one that only works with MOST tv's?

I find it quite suspect that my old DVR IPN4320 work perfect with no trouble but the new box ISB7500 does not give the same result.

To me the problem is clearly on ATT to resolve the "software glitch" or to redcue the cost to those who have to use an alternet connection method. At 50% off everyones bill I would bet ATT would fix the problem in record time. What say you ATT employee?

4 of 4 (121 Views)