Helpful Links

Bowling Green, Kentucky - U-Verse Speed Availability

Contributor

Bowling Green, Kentucky - U-Verse Speed Availability

I'm currently experiencing dodgy answers from technical support as I've yet to call during business hours. 
(My schedule is third shift) and I'm currently on U-Verse 1.5Mbps.

To explain further, I moved only a mile or so away from my previous house where I had DSL 6Mbps. I was told U-Verse would be faster and I trusted in AT&T as I've been a long term cellular and Internet customer. Unfortunately, it took nearly 15 days for installation and modem arrival/internet activation - That's when I found out I was lied to and my speed was slower than a Snail.  (I've checked walljack, connections, etc)  

What I'm getting at, I'd like to know how to go about upgrading my service to something that isn't absolutely horrific as what I have now because I'm utterly disgusted with this.

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Bowling Green, Kentucky - U-Verse Speed Availability

Not all Uverse is created equal....
If best available speed at your new address is 1.5M, the new RG is a 510 then your on an ADSL2 profile.
A CO or RT based, your loop distance is far greater than the VDSL VRAD based service.
Address check only tells ifyour green for service and database tells max internet speed, and if tv service is available.
If you cannot get tv service then your ADSL2.

So what is your max speed based on address,if 1.5M is max, then basically waitting to see if upgrade in future or be part of 25% that will only see upgraded speeds by 4G LTE wireless. http://www.att.com/gen-mobile/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

Hello corbitt_d,

I know this can be frustrating and I apologize about the upgrade to U-verse without getting a higher speed. I can help you determine if your service can be upgraded to a higher speed. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account further and help you resolve this.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you, I mistakenly sent two replies but one with the correct information.

Thank you again for the reply.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support