Boardwalk Empire episode 48 missing from on demand

Tutor

Boardwalk Empire episode 48 missing from on demand

Greetings,

Could someone do me a favor, and check the on demand listings for Boardwalk Empire Season 4.  The season finale is episode 48, but my listing only goes up to 47.  The HBO on demand site shows that #48 should be available, but the Uverse chat agent says there's nothing wrong on their end.  I've also emailed the HBO folks to verify that it REALLY should be available on Uverse.  

I'm not sure if it will help resolve the issue, but it would be helpful to know if this is a problem for everyone, or just for our local area.  We're trying to catch up on this series, and it's set to be removed after 12-8-13, so we only have a few more days until it's gone.  It's going to be very frustrating to miss seeing the season finale. 

Thanks,

Rusty

Message 1 of 8 (460 Views)

Re: Boardwalk Empire episode 48 missing from on demand

On my TV, the season finale (Boardwalk Empire 48) does not yet show in the list of available on demand programs.  I also tried uverse.com online--48 shows as available, but I was unable to play it (or any other episode) due to an "unknown error."  I almost never use uverse online, so I haven't investigated that issue as yet.  I was able to access the finale by using HBO GO on my iPad and my Uverse sign-on.  So you could view it that way if you want.  I am guessing that there is a lag time between the airing of the show and its availability in on-demand--this has been the case for some other shows I have watched, so it could be that 48 will become available soon, but I don't know when.  I doubt this helps you much, but at least you can try to use HBO GO for now.  I hope you get to see it--I am also a big fan.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 8 (446 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to confirm that for me.  I already tried it on HBO GO, so I knew that was a last resort option. 

I'd be surprised if it's a matter of waiting longer for the show to appear, since the whole series is scheduled to become unavailable on the 9th.  I read that on demand programming changes are only made on Monday, so there aren't any more Mondays left before the whole season is gone. 

It still could be an issue with getting the program from HBO to Uverse, so maybe not ATT's fault.  I haven't heard back from the HBO folks yet. 

Again, thanks for checking.

Rusty

Message 3 of 8 (442 Views)

I might have missed something, but I believe the last available date for BE 47 was 12/10--so if 48 does become available soon, it's last date should be later.  I did not see 12/9 listed as the last date, but that doesn't mean you're not correct.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help, but at least with HBO GO you won't have to miss the last episode (which was really good!).

--Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 8 (439 Views)
Tutor

I just rechecked several episodes, including 47, and they all say 12/09.   I guess they can have different days in different locations, but we only have until the night of the 7th anyway, since I'll be traveling on the 8th.

No word from HBO yet.  

Thanks,

Rusty

Message 5 of 8 (437 Views)
Tutor

This just in.... :-)

Someone from ATT must be listening, or the HBO folks did something, because episode 48 just appeared.

Whoever fixed this- Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Rusty

Message 6 of 8 (431 Views)

Shows up here, too--great timing, happy viewing!

--Albert Einstein
Message 7 of 8 (429 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

A friend who has cable TV checked his on-demand listing a little while ago, and episode 48 wasn't on his either.  I've asked him to check again now to see if it magically appears.   If there's a delay between broadcast and on-demand, I sure couldn't find it posted anywhere.  I know showtime has a 24 hour delay, but I couldn't find anything for HBO.  

If I had to bet, I'd guess that my email to HBO probably prompted them to fix whatever was wrong.  Regardless of how it happened, I'm glad it appeared. 

Cheers,

Rusty

Message 8 of 8 (425 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.