Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 28, 2014
5:43:23 PM
View profile
Blu Ray player help

So I have situation where I have an old television connected to a uverse box via coaxial cable (its the only input on the tv). Is there any way I could connect a Blu Ray player to the uverse box (say via HDMI or component) and then to the televsion?

So I have situation where I have an old television connected to a uverse box via coaxial cable (its the only input on the tv). Is there any way I could connect a Blu Ray player to the uverse box (say via HDMI or component) and then to the televsion?

Blu Ray player help

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 6:15:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

No, there is no way of doing what you are asking for. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

No, there is no way of doing what you are asking for. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Blu Ray player help

2 of 4 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 6:20:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

Fair enough, figured I'd take a shot. Thanks for the reply.

Fair enough, figured I'd take a shot. Thanks for the reply.

3 of 4 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 6:58:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kylilin - Probably time for you to consider a new TV. Flat panels are readily available, even used, low prices & you can take advantage of your input devices.

Your TV has only a coax input?? No yellow RCA jack?? That is really old.

The blue ray jumps two levels of technology. First there is COAX (RF), then composite (yellow RCA jack), the s-video, then component & HDMI.

Your blue ray needs HDMI to maximize value. Probably does not even have anything lower. Many years ago there was a very inexpensive RF generator for those games that only had a composite output. But, that jumps only one level.

If either the TV or the blueray has a composite jack, you can probably come up with a converter, but it is really time for new TV.
kylilin - Probably time for you to consider a new TV. Flat panels are readily available, even used, low prices & you can take advantage of your input devices.

Your TV has only a coax input?? No yellow RCA jack?? That is really old.

The blue ray jumps two levels of technology. First there is COAX (RF), then composite (yellow RCA jack), the s-video, then component & HDMI.

Your blue ray needs HDMI to maximize value. Probably does not even have anything lower. Many years ago there was a very inexpensive RF generator for those games that only had a composite output. But, that jumps only one level.

If either the TV or the blueray has a composite jack, you can probably come up with a converter, but it is really time for new TV.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (299 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments