Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 17, 2013
1:04:06 PM
View profile
Blocking a particular number on land line

As there is no forum for regular land line users so I think this is the appropriate place to post this.

The call is not those donation or commercial calls. I don't have caller ID and don't have U-verse. Have been getting calls from this person for a long time, but these days it is out of control so we decided to block that number.  Searched the net already and tried *60 , but a message said it is not available to our line?!  Tried to add the service, the U-verse service page show up .....

So how should I block this number if I don't know the number of the other side?  Regards, jf

As there is no forum for regular land line users so I think this is the appropriate place to post this.

The call is not those donation or commercial calls. I don't have caller ID and don't have U-verse. Have been getting calls from this person for a long time, but these days it is out of control so we decided to block that number.  Searched the net already and tried *60 , but a message said it is not available to our line?!  Tried to add the service, the U-verse service page show up .....

So how should I block this number if I don't know the number of the other side?  Regards, jf

Blocking a particular number on land line

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:26:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

On a land line "call block"  is an additional monthly charge.  You can block up to 10 numbers including the last number that called you and since you don't have caller id this would be the way to approach it.

Here is an esupport article about it:  http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408880&cv=807#fbid=Rz-EqGv5Fjx

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

On a land line "call block"  is an additional monthly charge.  You can block up to 10 numbers including the last number that called you and since you don't have caller id this would be the way to approach it.

Here is an esupport article about it:  http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408880&cv=807#fbid=Rz-EqGv5Fjx

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Blocking a particular number on land line

2 of 4 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:38:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ycf668 on Sep 17, 2013 at 2:08:17 PM

We tried that, but all we got is the following message:

"We are sorry, the service you are requesting is not available on this line."

Then it hang up by itself.

------

update: Just called ATT and ordered the *60 service. Let's see can it block that number for good.

We tried that, but all we got is the following message:

"We are sorry, the service you are requesting is not available on this line."

Then it hang up by itself.

------

update: Just called ATT and ordered the *60 service. Let's see can it block that number for good.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (523 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 2:27:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

That should do it once the call block/call screen feature is added to your service.

That should do it once the call block/call screen feature is added to your service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (499 Views)