Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 8, 2012
1:35:44 PM
Block incoming connections by IP

Hi.  May I request that a simple feature - block incoming requests by IP/ranges - be added to the firewall settings in the residential gateway?  Thanks.

Hi.  May I request that a simple feature - block incoming requests by IP/ranges - be added to the firewall settings in the residential gateway?  Thanks.

Block incoming connections by IP

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2012 4:40:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Why?  They can't get thru unless you put the IP addy in DMZ

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Why?  They can't get thru unless you put the IP addy in DMZ

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Block incoming connections by IP

2 of 6 (885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2012 7:16:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

The device allows allows NATing so a device on the inside can have a port exposed to the outside without being in the DMZ.  But it allows all IPs ont he outside to be NAT-d in; I just wanted that restricted.

The device allows allows NATing so a device on the inside can have a port exposed to the outside without being in the DMZ.  But it allows all IPs ont he outside to be NAT-d in; I just wanted that restricted.

3 of 6 (829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2012 7:25:45 AM
(0)
Employee
Logster_99: The general operating condition of the firewall is to deny all incoming requests, but permit the (inside) user to allow external hosts in by explicitly putting them in an "allowed" list that includes the necessary protocol ID (web, FTP, games ...).
If you log into the gateway and follow the settings | firewall tabs, you can see how it is set, and change the settings to permit external hosts access to our inside network.
Logster_99: The general operating condition of the firewall is to deny all incoming requests, but permit the (inside) user to allow external hosts in by explicitly putting them in an "allowed" list that includes the necessary protocol ID (web, FTP, games ...).
If you log into the gateway and follow the settings | firewall tabs, you can see how it is set, and change the settings to permit external hosts access to our inside network.
Sent from my phone.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (823 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2012 8:42:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

Right but I cannot control the incoming IP range.  No worries, I got a separate firewall and put it in the DMZ for this.  Thanks for all your suggestions.

Right but I cannot control the incoming IP range.  No worries, I got a separate firewall and put it in the DMZ for this.  Thanks for all your suggestions.

5 of 6 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 8:28:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a great anti malware & add ware system. Since I have installed uTorrent 3.3.2 I have had a flood of IP Numbers trying to access my system; even when I am not on the internet. I have written to the IP providers. I get no response, I get you have to prove it, I get we will research it, here is your case number.

I really want the ability by ATT to block these numbers.

I have a great anti malware & add ware system. Since I have installed uTorrent 3.3.2 I have had a flood of IP Numbers trying to access my system; even when I am not on the internet. I have written to the IP providers. I get no response, I get you have to prove it, I get we will research it, here is your case number.

I really want the ability by ATT to block these numbers.

6 of 6 (153 Views)