Blinking Red/Green Broadband light

Highlighted
Contributor

Blinking Red/Green Broadband light

I ordered U-verse (self install) and followed all the directions i was given. My internet service was set to start yesterday, so that shouldn't be an issue. I live in a house, not an apartment building.  Everything is plugged into the correct place, but i haven't been able to get it to connect at all. The broadband will blink green, then blink red, then green, then red ect... and never connects. What does that mean?

Message 1 of 2 (18,550 Views)
Community Support

Re: Blinking Red/Green Broadband light

Hi a.calabresecain,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having trying to get your U-verse services installed. When you have a blinking Red broadband light, it means that it is not getting a connection. With it going back and forth, it seems like it is seeing our end and attempting to get a connection, but it is not getting through. 

You just want to check a few things:

1. Try using a direct connection with the equipment provided to the phone jack, so no filters or splitters.
  2. Try different phone jacks in your house
  3. Reset the U-verse modem by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds.

I will also be sending you a private message, so if you still notice it not working after that, we can assist by getting a technician out.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (18,524 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.