Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 13, 2013
9:42:00 AM
View profile
Blacked Out games on Lakers Channel in Dallas

Last year I subscribed to the Lakers Channel (1777) when it first became available to discover that the Laker games were blacked out so I immediately cancelled it since it didn't make sense to pay for a channel and not being able to watch the games.  I understand blackout rules apply to customers living in the local area but didn't think they applied to those living in other states as well.

Does anyone know if this has changed??

Last year I subscribed to the Lakers Channel (1777) when it first became available to discover that the Laker games were blacked out so I immediately cancelled it since it didn't make sense to pay for a channel and not being able to watch the games.  I understand blackout rules apply to customers living in the local area but didn't think they applied to those living in other states as well.

Does anyone know if this has changed??

Blacked Out games on Lakers Channel in Dallas

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 11:56:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

No, it's not going to change. You have subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch out-of-market NBA games.

No, it's not going to change. You have subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch out-of-market NBA games.

Re: Blacked Out games on Lakers Channel in Dallas

2 of 6 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 12:11:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You can subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch games out of market. If a game is on NBA TV, you may or may not get it on League Pass.

Blackout rules exist to "black out" customers from watching games out of market unless they subscribe to the league's PPV package.

I am aware the NFL has a rule where local fans are "blacked out" from watching on TV if the game is not sold out within a certain amount of time, but IDK if any other league has such a rule.
You can subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch games out of market. If a game is on NBA TV, you may or may not get it on League Pass.

Blackout rules exist to "black out" customers from watching games out of market unless they subscribe to the league's PPV package.

I am aware the NFL has a rule where local fans are "blacked out" from watching on TV if the game is not sold out within a certain amount of time, but IDK if any other league has such a rule.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:30:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

I know NHL Center Ice is the same way, only out of market games are available, I'm sure it's because of broadcasting agreements leagues have with networks. I looked into subscribing to it, but without my teams games, it had no value to me.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I know NHL Center Ice is the same way, only out of market games are available, I'm sure it's because of broadcasting agreements leagues have with networks. I looked into subscribing to it, but without my teams games, it had no value to me.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 3:05:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Dmitriy - The HD Premium pack does include rebroadcasts of NHL games. Some people who work evenings have been known to subscribe to this package on whatever provider they have and watch the replays.

I'm sire you know about Roku or NHL.com having Center Ice. Smiley Happy
Dmitriy - The HD Premium pack does include rebroadcasts of NHL games. Some people who work evenings have been known to subscribe to this package on whatever provider they have and watch the replays.

I'm sire you know about Roku or NHL.com having Center Ice. Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 6:13:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Dimitriy, your local teams should be on your local RSN, I know here in Dallas the Stars are on Fox Sports and one local station on Saturday night games. Even when the game is on NBCSN or NHL, Fox Sports still boradcasts the game. If NBA is on at the same time then Fox Sport will show it on a alternate channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Dimitriy, your local teams should be on your local RSN, I know here in Dallas the Stars are on Fox Sports and one local station on Saturday night games. Even when the game is on NBCSN or NHL, Fox Sports still boradcasts the game. If NBA is on at the same time then Fox Sport will show it on a alternate channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 6 (352 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments