Billing increase???

Contributor

Billing increase???

Received an email saying something about an "estimated future bill" summary.  Using the provided links in the email, I found out the price for Uverse is rising.  Thinking it was an "end of promotion" period, I printed the bill estimate and my last bill for a side-by-side comparison.

What I found was that there WAS no service "end-of-promition" dates.  All of the discounts are still in effect.  The only difference was that there was an increase in each section of the bill (Uverse TV, Internet, and Voice).  The total increase was over $25.00  When I did an line-by-line comparison, there was a significant increase in the lines that are only titled "Government Fees and Taxes".  No breakdown, or anything.  These increases were anywhere from $5 to $12 each.

Curious to know if anyone else has received this and if someone from AT&T (mod?) can tell me what's going on?  I really don't have the time to stay on hold with customer service and I can't find anywhere to send an email.

Message 1 of 3 (536 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Billing increase???

DeciusBrutus - I have not seen such an e-mail. A good way to learn about such things is Google. Try U-verse Government Fees and Taxes (your state) or cable TV fees (your state) or even your state web site may have some info. July 1 is often a start date for new legislation.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (529 Views)

Re: Billing increase???

AT&T only raises their rates in February.  Then it's typically around $5.  Unless there is something specific in your area or you are coming out of a promo your rates should not be changing.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.