Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 11, 2013
3:26:40 PM
View profile
Billing errors/credits

I had some errors on my bill.  The A T & T portion was fixed immediately and shows on my current balance due, why are the Direct TV credits not showing up on my bill?  the bill was about $150 more than it was supposed to be.  Am I going to have to pay the bill first then wait to be credited?

I had some errors on my bill.  The A T & T portion was fixed immediately and shows on my current balance due, why are the Direct TV credits not showing up on my bill?  the bill was about $150 more than it was supposed to be.  Am I going to have to pay the bill first then wait to be credited?

Billing errors/credits

8 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 3:37:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been on the phone with both AT&T and Direct TV trying to resolve this same issue for over an hour and a half.  It can not be the first time this has happened and there has to be a resolution better than "over paying" the account and waiting for the credit next month.  So far I have had no luck on the phone and have decided to try here for help.  The Direct TV representative informed me of a "credit voucher" that could be applied to the account for the amount you should receive on the next cycle.  Accounts receivable was the direction I was pointed in but again...not having much luck on the phone front.  Good luck.

I have been on the phone with both AT&T and Direct TV trying to resolve this same issue for over an hour and a half.  It can not be the first time this has happened and there has to be a resolution better than "over paying" the account and waiting for the credit next month.  So far I have had no luck on the phone and have decided to try here for help.  The Direct TV representative informed me of a "credit voucher" that could be applied to the account for the amount you should receive on the next cycle.  Accounts receivable was the direction I was pointed in but again...not having much luck on the phone front.  Good luck.

Re: Billing errors/credits

2 of 9 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 3:32:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

afrost2491 wrote:

DirectTV credits have to be issued by Direct TV and then flow over to your AT&T bill on their next cycle. Due to differences in cycle timing, it may take 1-2 AT&T billing cycles before you see any change made by Direct TV. 

If Direct TV has issued credits, though, AT&T billing can issue a "billing claim" wherein they put a hold on the amount you're not paying until the credit flows over. That way you can skip that amount of payment with no penalty. 

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

afrost2491 wrote:

DirectTV credits have to be issued by Direct TV and then flow over to your AT&T bill on their next cycle. Due to differences in cycle timing, it may take 1-2 AT&T billing cycles before you see any change made by Direct TV. 

If Direct TV has issued credits, though, AT&T billing can issue a "billing claim" wherein they put a hold on the amount you're not paying until the credit flows over. That way you can skip that amount of payment with no penalty. 

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 9:13:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you.  I have sent the private message and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I just don't see why I have to overpay my bill and wait for the credit when A T & T and Direct TV are the ones who made the error in the first place.

Thank you.  I have sent the private message and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I just don't see why I have to overpay my bill and wait for the credit when A T & T and Direct TV are the ones who made the error in the first place.

4 of 9 (750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 11:24:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

Private message is the way to go!  I have had my issue resolved and it was so much easier than dealing with calling!  I'm pleased with the process through the private message.

Private message is the way to go!  I have had my issue resolved and it was so much easier than dealing with calling!  I'm pleased with the process through the private message.

5 of 9 (704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 7:49:43 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello maryasu3,

Thank you for an update and your feedback. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello maryasu3,

Thank you for an update and your feedback. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 9 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 4:27:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Actually my issue was not resolved.  Very disappointed.  Due to other things going on in my life...I relyed on this "great" help I was getting for the customer care only to find out that nothing was done to resolve my issue.  I received multiple calls stating my issue was resolved...checked my account and was informed it will take a couple of days to show up.  I understand now is too late and I should have checked my account daily until I saw the credit.  I was wrong to faith in the system that what was said was done was not.  Score one for AT&T.  I will not be renewing my contract with AT&T. 

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

Actually my issue was not resolved.  Very disappointed.  Due to other things going on in my life...I relyed on this "great" help I was getting for the customer care only to find out that nothing was done to resolve my issue.  I received multiple calls stating my issue was resolved...checked my account and was informed it will take a couple of days to show up.  I understand now is too late and I should have checked my account daily until I saw the credit.  I was wrong to faith in the system that what was said was done was not.  Score one for AT&T.  I will not be renewing my contract with AT&T. 

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

7 of 9 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 3:27:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

maryasu3 wrote:

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

It's not too late. Call/email the person you were in contact with or send another PM to Customer Care if your situation was not resolved. It's possible there was  a system error they don't know about or just some confusion as to how things appear. Either way, they can still help.

maryasu3 wrote:

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello maryasu3,

Dmitriy

It's not too late. Call/email the person you were in contact with or send another PM to Customer Care if your situation was not resolved. It's possible there was  a system error they don't know about or just some confusion as to how things appear. Either way, they can still help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 9 (426 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 6:58:41 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Dec 5, 2013 at 7:02:45 AM

Hello maryasu3,

It's not too late, we need to go back and look at your case again. I see that you have already contacted ATTCustomerCare and a follow up case was created. Someone is working on it as we speak, and I apologize for all the troubles and wasted time. I'm confident it'll be fixed very soon.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello maryasu3,

It's not too late, we need to go back and look at your case again. I see that you have already contacted ATTCustomerCare and a follow up case was created. Someone is working on it as we speak, and I apologize for all the troubles and wasted time. I'm confident it'll be fixed very soon.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (417 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments