Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 27, 2013
1:14:20 PM
View profile
Billing error

After a lot of shopping, I agreed to AT&T's limited phone and high speed internet for about $35/month (plus tax and surcharges) for a contract term of 1 year. An equipment charge of $100 was to be divided into 3 installments and billed to me the first 3 months of the contract. According to the phone conversation, there were no other charges or fees.

When I looked at my online bill, it says I owe approximately $200. $59 for an activation fee (what is an activation fee and why wasn't I told about this before I agreed to a contract?), about $105 for the equipment charge (all of it at once?) and the remainder was for the first month of service.

If I am not able to have payments of about $70 plus surcharges for the first 3 months and $35 plus surcharges for the remaining 9 months, I may be forced to cancel before the end of my 30 day trial period. If AT&T gets a lot of new customers because they don't tell them about an activation fee, I'll bet none of them are very happy about it. 

After a lot of shopping, I agreed to AT&T's limited phone and high speed internet for about $35/month (plus tax and surcharges) for a contract term of 1 year. An equipment charge of $100 was to be divided into 3 installments and billed to me the first 3 months of the contract. According to the phone conversation, there were no other charges or fees.

When I looked at my online bill, it says I owe approximately $200. $59 for an activation fee (what is an activation fee and why wasn't I told about this before I agreed to a contract?), about $105 for the equipment charge (all of it at once?) and the remainder was for the first month of service.

If I am not able to have payments of about $70 plus surcharges for the first 3 months and $35 plus surcharges for the remaining 9 months, I may be forced to cancel before the end of my 30 day trial period. If AT&T gets a lot of new customers because they don't tell them about an activation fee, I'll bet none of them are very happy about it. 

Billing error

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 1:35:11 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, msllmml! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding some discrepancies in your bill. If you don't mind, I would like to look into this for you. I will need you to send me a private message with the following information: your name, your email address, your U-verse account number, your phone number, and the best time to reach you. Simply click here to send me a message, and you can expect a reply within the next two business days. In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, msllmml! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding some discrepancies in your bill. If you don't mind, I would like to look into this for you. I will need you to send me a private message with the following information: your name, your email address, your U-verse account number, your phone number, and the best time to reach you. Simply click here to send me a message, and you can expect a reply within the next two business days. In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Billing error

2 of 2 (291 Views)