Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 31, 2013
9:07:20 AM
View profile
Billing and Customer Support ( or lack thereof)
October 2013 - Received a letter asking us to switch our service from AT&T to AT&T U-verse.  Technician came out on 10/17 and worked from 2:30pm - 4pm trying to get it connected.  The technician had to come back on Friday morning 10/18 to finish and make the switch over.  I was told that my old account would be closed out and a new account would be opened.

Received a statement from the old account (Act.  $51.00) dated 10/17 due 11/6 and paid promptly on time.  This created a credit of $19.74 on this account as there was an overlap in service between the old account and new account.  I called to inquire about the credit and ask if it could be transferred to the new account.  I was told that it could not be transferred to another account and in about 45 days I should receive a check for the $19.74 credit. (This Was A Lie)

Received a statement from the new account (Act.  $47.53) dated 10/20 - 11/19 due 11/15 which was paid promptly on time.  Received next statement for the new account ($113.65CR) dated 11/20 - 12/19 - this was a Credit so there was no due date.  Didn't think anything of the credit as I figured there was maybe some equipment credits due to the switch over and the credit from the other account that was closed.

Unknown to me or my husband, who are the account holders, a reversal of the credit was made sometime after receiving the statement of the credit creating an overdue balance.  Did not receive an email, phone call or any type of communication saying that this reversal was made so we did not know there was an overdue balance on the account.  Received an email on 12/25 with the new statement saying that there was an overdue balance, late charges and new charges.

Called promptly on 12/26 and after spending over 40 min on the phone and being passed from one rep to another I finally was told that AT&T had made a mistake with the credit on the account and they would take off the late charges.  I asked if I needed to make a payment then or if I could wait until the due date of this statement which was 1/13/14 to pay the entire $92 that was due.  I was told that as long as I made the payment of the $92 by 1/13/14 there would not be any further charges or disconnection of service. (This Was Another Lie)  I also asked during this 40 min phone call about the credit on the other account and was told that it hadn't been closed and the amount could have been transferred over, however a check had already been cut for it and I should be receiving soon. (This was also another Lie)

On December 30th came home from work to find out that there was no internet service.  Had to call AT&T AGAIN this time on the phone almost an hour and again passed through 3 reps.  Had to explain all this 3 times to all 3 reps.  Was told by the final rep that I spoke to that until payment was received of the past due amount my internet would not be turned back on.   I had already put in an online banking transfer request of the entire $92 due to be sent from my account on 12/31 to be paid on 1/3/14 - which is what the 1st rep that I spoke to on 12/26 told me I could do "as long as the amount was paid by 1/13/14 there would be no more charges and no disconnection of service"  (Obvisouly another Lie)

I also asked about the credit on the other account and was told that it would be approx. 45 days before I would receive.

Really this is the worst customer service that I have ever seen - one lie after another.   Accounts should not be tampered with without the consent of the account holder.  When the reversal of the mistake by AT&T was made some type of communication should have taken place with the account holders.  When someone tampers with another person's account without permission that is a criminal offense.
October 2013 - Received a letter asking us to switch our service from AT&T to AT&T U-verse.  Technician came out on 10/17 and worked from 2:30pm - 4pm trying to get it connected.  The technician had to come back on Friday morning 10/18 to finish and make the switch over.  I was told that my old account would be closed out and a new account would be opened.

Received a statement from the old account (Act.  $51.00) dated 10/17 due 11/6 and paid promptly on time.  This created a credit of $19.74 on this account as there was an overlap in service between the old account and new account.  I called to inquire about the credit and ask if it could be transferred to the new account.  I was told that it could not be transferred to another account and in about 45 days I should receive a check for the $19.74 credit. (This Was A Lie)

Received a statement from the new account (Act.  $47.53) dated 10/20 - 11/19 due 11/15 which was paid promptly on time.  Received next statement for the new account ($113.65CR) dated 11/20 - 12/19 - this was a Credit so there was no due date.  Didn't think anything of the credit as I figured there was maybe some equipment credits due to the switch over and the credit from the other account that was closed.

Unknown to me or my husband, who are the account holders, a reversal of the credit was made sometime after receiving the statement of the credit creating an overdue balance.  Did not receive an email, phone call or any type of communication saying that this reversal was made so we did not know there was an overdue balance on the account.  Received an email on 12/25 with the new statement saying that there was an overdue balance, late charges and new charges.

Called promptly on 12/26 and after spending over 40 min on the phone and being passed from one rep to another I finally was told that AT&T had made a mistake with the credit on the account and they would take off the late charges.  I asked if I needed to make a payment then or if I could wait until the due date of this statement which was 1/13/14 to pay the entire $92 that was due.  I was told that as long as I made the payment of the $92 by 1/13/14 there would not be any further charges or disconnection of service. (This Was Another Lie)  I also asked during this 40 min phone call about the credit on the other account and was told that it hadn't been closed and the amount could have been transferred over, however a check had already been cut for it and I should be receiving soon. (This was also another Lie)

On December 30th came home from work to find out that there was no internet service.  Had to call AT&T AGAIN this time on the phone almost an hour and again passed through 3 reps.  Had to explain all this 3 times to all 3 reps.  Was told by the final rep that I spoke to that until payment was received of the past due amount my internet would not be turned back on.   I had already put in an online banking transfer request of the entire $92 due to be sent from my account on 12/31 to be paid on 1/3/14 - which is what the 1st rep that I spoke to on 12/26 told me I could do "as long as the amount was paid by 1/13/14 there would be no more charges and no disconnection of service"  (Obvisouly another Lie)

I also asked about the credit on the other account and was told that it would be approx. 45 days before I would receive.

Really this is the worst customer service that I have ever seen - one lie after another.   Accounts should not be tampered with without the consent of the account holder.  When the reversal of the mistake by AT&T was made some type of communication should have taken place with the account holders.  When someone tampers with another person's account without permission that is a criminal offense.

Billing and Customer Support ( or lack thereof)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 10:23:19 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, tracir28787!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the recent confusion with your bill. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get it all sorted out.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, tracir28787!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the recent confusion with your bill. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get it all sorted out.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Billing and Customer Support ( or lack thereof)

2 of 2 (173 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments