Big Red X!! After 2 days!?!

Contributor

Big Red X!! After 2 days!?!

I may have made a big mistake choosing ATT. I called the installer and he never called back. I work long hours and don't have time to be home during the day. I followed the reboot steps on another discussion but still bad. I'm extremely upset.
Message 1 of 5 (1,379 Views)
Employee

Re: Big Red X!! After 2 days!?!

How many dots after RED X, none, one, two, three

No dots is a connection issue, coax or Ethernet?, make sure tight, maybe detach and reattach
Three dots is bad hardware, call request new DVR, can be shipped direct, swap and return original by UPS.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,378 Views)
Employee

Hello alexsanchez081,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with your TV receiver. A single Red X on your screen indicates a boot failure or communication with the Disaster Recovery Application failed. I can help you replace this receiver and have sent you a private message to assist you further. In the meantime we may be able to restore services temporarily by performing these steps.

1)Press and hold OK, the down arrow, then Power
2)Do not release the down arrow and Ok buttons until a Gear appears on your screen.

3)*If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, allow it to complete the process.

*If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear you can try again or wait for your new receiver to arrive.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (1,347 Views)
Teacher

You need a tech to come out and fix the issue.  Support can't fix it sitting behind a desk.  Bad box, bad coax, or bad cable.

Message 4 of 5 (1,279 Views)
Employee

alexsanchez081 wrote:
I may have made a big mistake choosing ATT. I called the installer and he never called back. I work long hours and don't have time to be home during the day. I followed the reboot steps on another discussion but still bad. I'm extremely upset.

Did you change anything on your home network since the install?

LIke, add a router, acccess point, bring up a server, or rearrange any connection?

IF you added something (like a router or access point) it may still have DHP enabled, and is providing the wrong addresses (or not finding the right addresses) that the U-verse DV and STBs need to communicate.

The U-verse IPTV communicates using multicast traffic (most of the time, during a channel change, it uses unicast), if you put your DVR and / or STBs behind another router or some higher-grade switched, it could be blocking the multicast or re-directing the traffic to the wrong place.

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 5 (1,262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.