Beware of what you wish for

Contributor

Beware of what you wish for

Sportsnet LA is a regional sports network.  So if you live in the greater Los Angeles area you will be able to see it if and when Uverse sign a distribution deal.  So if you live anywhere else in the rest of the country you will not be able to watch Dodgers game.  The only thing you will get to watch is pre-game and post-game show as well as original programming that are Dodgers related. But no Dodgers game including spring training games.  Remember should this network be added to Uverse listing, your wallet will be impacted.  So it is in your best interest to not ask for this network.  Instead Uverse customer should campaign for the ACC Network if and when ESPN and the ACC Conference decide to launch this network.  This network will be a national sports network and not a regional sports network. So beware what you wish for.

Message 1 of 5 (458 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Beware of what you wish for

Your logic makes little sense. Instead of AT&T adding an RSN that will serve the LA area (and only affect the remaining U-Verse subscribers who get the sports package)  is to add a nationwide network that mainly serves the Eastern part of the country.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (452 Views)

While I agree in parts with both of you, I personally feel that these teams that strike their own network deals are the ones to complain to.  I'm sure most are familiar with the Houston Rockets/Astros debacle.  Granted the Dodgers are a much more entertaining team to watch, but it will still be blacked out if you are not in the Dodgers footprint during live and some rebroadcasts.  College networks are different as those games are not blacked out.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 5 (440 Views)
ACE - Professor

wardaddy wrote:

Remember should this network be added to Uverse listing, your wallet will be impacted

At the same time, the wallets of those in SoCal are being impacted by the existence of regional sports networks all over the country. 

I'd be upset if they campaigned for Uverse not to carry FSMidwest so I can watch the Cardinals, so I'm not going to begrudge them the sports network that carries their team. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (363 Views)
Scholar

The thing is, every cable channel is a niche channel. Even if you have no interest in a particular channel, doesn't mean that adding that channel wouldn't have immense value for another U-verse subscriber.

Message 5 of 5 (348 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.