Beware of monthy quotes

Tutor

Beware of monthy quotes

I was quoted one price for my service every month and after switching companies my first bill was twice what i was quoted. After contacting AT&T i was told that i must have been mistaken?????? I was happy with DIRECT TV and will be running back to them. Anyone considering AT&T should as well!!!!

Message 1 of 11 (815 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Beware of monthy quotes

[ Edited ]

Your first bill will always be higher.  AT&T bills one month in advance, so depending on when you were connected and when your billing date is you could see this behavior.  You might see a prorated charge for 15 or 20 days and then the bill for the next full month.  You will also have activation charges which may or may not be offset by a rewards card.

Here is a video that explains your first bill: http://www.att.com/esupport/billAndAccount.jsp?cv=813#fbid=x0g0O-fqFKb.  Look under support video's and click the video to watch.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (803 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello, clively1!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your first bill was higher than anticipated. As BeeBeeSA said, the first U-verse bill tends to be higher due to prorated charges and activation fees. To learn more about understanding your first bill, click on the link below.

Understanding Your First Bill

Let me know if this helps! If you still have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to message me.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11 (800 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I am well aware of the first bill being higher. This is not the problem. I
was quoted a monthly internet bill of 120.99, and now I am being told it is
194.00 monthly. I have been lied to and I will get to the bottom of this.

--
Chad ***

[Edited for privacy]

Message 4 of 11 (793 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

If you would like us to take a look at your account to make sure you have the correct promotions attached, please send us a message by clicking here.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11 (787 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Chad
anytime

[Edited for Privacy]

Message 6 of 11 (784 Views)
Contributor

I agree with clively1.  You MUST beware of your quote.  I was told that the installation fees would be waived.  However, when I received my first bill it was$80 higher than my monthly bill.  When I called customer service, I was told that the fee that was waived was called the "full tech install" fee.  However, there was an ADDITIONAL $29 "TV install" fee and $49 "activation" fee plus taxes on those amounts!  I was NEVER told about these additional fees when I was being sold ATT UVERSE.  I am really, really upset.  I don't want this to happen to anyone else.  It is misrepresentation to tell people the installation fee is being waived without telling them of the other fees.  Whoever replies to this e-mail, DO NOT send me some link about fees when the additional fees should have been told to me up front.  The first fee was taken off by the rep, but the higher fee was left on my bill.  In order to have remedied this situation completely, BOTH fees should have been removed.  As a faithful ATT customer (5 cell phone lines), I and other customers deserve A LOT better!!!!!!

Message 7 of 11 (754 Views)
Tutor

Thank you for the support. Not only did I also receive the installation
fees that were supposed to be free but I was quoted one $121.00 per month
and once I inquired I was told that I must have made a mistake and my bill
was going to be $195 per month. Even worse when I tried to redeem my $200
visa card I was placed on hold for 20 minutes and left it cyberspace until
I just hung up. I am not asking for anything for free just for what I
ordered and was told.

--
Chad Lively
Message 8 of 11 (738 Views)
Tutor

I was quoted one price and specifics included in my package that I didn't even ask for, got that confirmed when I double checked on my install date, and then once it was installed, they didn't include specific channels that they had orginally offered me.  When I called to inquire as to what had happened, they stated I must have been "misinformed".  When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was placed on hold for over an hour before they hung up on me.  I tried the "live chat" and when asking to speak with a supervisor was "disconected", and then told they would have somebody call me immediately, this was two days ago, still no phone call.  When I tried calling back, every time I mentioned the omnious word "supervisor", I was immediately hung up on.  Needless to say, I am terrified to even see a bill.  Really at this point it won't matter.  I am also running as fast as I can away from this company that has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced with any company in my entire life!  BEWARE! 

Message 9 of 11 (580 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, Jasmineze!

Thanks for posting! I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding the quote you received for service. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

We will need you to include your name, phone number, and email address in your message, as well as the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 11 (564 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Jasmineze, sorry to hear of your experience, "They offered me the package with the fastest internet, the most tv channels, and even HBO & Cinnemax all included for one low price with a 12mo. contract"

This would be the u450 ($121) includes all movie channels, and HD programming, plus POWER internet ($76) for $197 minus promotion discount for around $130. Is this what you signed up for?

If the tv package is anything but u450 (ufamily, u200, u300) then HBO is not included but may receive 3 months free.
For all details http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
Additional outside of u450, HD fee is $10 per month.

If desire to cancel when calling say cancel....will be directed to RETENTIONS, whose function is to work with you to resolve, but generally the online web site will show you the packages and pricing. Recommend build you own bundle to see how changing types of s wervices will allow you to find something in budget.
Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 11 (550 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.