Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 28, 2013
4:28:42 PM
View profile
Best way to lobby to get Uverse in my section of the neighborhood.

Hi,

I am one of the unlucky people who recently bought a house and can't get Uverse.   I had Uverse for 4 years and now I have been forced to go back to using a terrible service.  There are sections of my neighborhood that have uverse and I'm trying to find the best way to get AT&T to look my way.   I live in a neighborhood with around 2000 homes and I would think it would be quite profitable to put uverse in the rest of thneighborhood.  Currently there are only 2 options for cable.  Charter or Satellite.  Is there anything I can do or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!

Brenton

Hi,

I am one of the unlucky people who recently bought a house and can't get Uverse.   I had Uverse for 4 years and now I have been forced to go back to using a terrible service.  There are sections of my neighborhood that have uverse and I'm trying to find the best way to get AT&T to look my way.   I live in a neighborhood with around 2000 homes and I would think it would be quite profitable to put uverse in the rest of thneighborhood.  Currently there are only 2 options for cable.  Charter or Satellite.  Is there anything I can do or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!

Brenton

Best way to lobby to get Uverse in my section of the neighborhood.

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 11:27:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 28, 2013 at 11:31:45 PM

Don't think it's gonna happen, only some expansion in areas that already have Uverse are occuring.

This just might give you service:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Wink

Edit:  Have you tried the availablility website:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/index.jsp?q_address=true&wtSlotClick=1-0021RR-0-2

When it bombs out, click the link to research your address for Uverse.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Don't think it's gonna happen, only some expansion in areas that already have Uverse are occuring.

This just might give you service:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Wink

Edit:  Have you tried the availablility website:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/index.jsp?q_address=true&wtSlotClick=1-0021RR-0-2

When it bombs out, click the link to research your address for Uverse.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Best way to lobby to get Uverse in my section of the neighborhood.

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 1:47:20 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Rebelbac,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi Rebelbac,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 5 (385 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 9:14:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:07:43 AM

i have the same problem, please help my at&t home phone is ***********

[edited for privacy]

i have the same problem, please help my at&t home phone is ***********

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 2:29:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have also been on a waiting list since 2009.  My neighbor across the street and behind me have U Verse and the sub station for ATT is in my yard.

My college age children have not been able to take timed tests because my current internet speed is so slow.  I can not upgrade to faster internet or to U Verse.  Everything else I have is with ATT don't want to switch but might be forced.

Calling customer service is no help they just say it could be years. Smiley Sad

Any suggestions?

I have also been on a waiting list since 2009.  My neighbor across the street and behind me have U Verse and the sub station for ATT is in my yard.

My college age children have not been able to take timed tests because my current internet speed is so slow.  I can not upgrade to faster internet or to U Verse.  Everything else I have is with ATT don't want to switch but might be forced.

Calling customer service is no help they just say it could be years. Smiley Sad

Any suggestions?

5 of 5 (278 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments