Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 3, 2013
10:44:42 AM
View profile
Belkin Residential Gateway Battery Backup needs daily reset

Hi.  I used to have no problems with my internet connection but ever since I got rid of my landline, my Residential Gateway Battery Backup has been shutting off after several hrs & I have to reset it 1-2x daily in order to use the internet via wireless connection. At first I thought it was a bad battery so i replaced it with a new one.  That didn't help though.  I still get a red light (Fault) after several hrs.   After I reset it though, the light is green & the unit works fine for about 6-8 hrs.  So i'm thinking this might have something to do with my my landline no longer being there cuz that's when the trouble started.  Is that the case?  If so, what can I do about it?  If not, what else could it be?  Thank's ahead of time. 

Hi.  I used to have no problems with my internet connection but ever since I got rid of my landline, my Residential Gateway Battery Backup has been shutting off after several hrs & I have to reset it 1-2x daily in order to use the internet via wireless connection. At first I thought it was a bad battery so i replaced it with a new one.  That didn't help though.  I still get a red light (Fault) after several hrs.   After I reset it though, the light is green & the unit works fine for about 6-8 hrs.  So i'm thinking this might have something to do with my my landline no longer being there cuz that's when the trouble started.  Is that the case?  If so, what can I do about it?  If not, what else could it be?  Thank's ahead of time. 

Belkin Residential Gateway Battery Backup needs daily reset

2 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2013 12:23:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Zach71 wrote:

Did you replace the entire Belkin or just it's internal battery?  Here is a link to my bad experience, with the Belkin.  I do not have U-Voice or any VOIP - landline.

Zach71 wrote:

Did you replace the entire Belkin or just it's internal battery?  Here is a link to my bad experience, with the Belkin.  I do not have U-Voice or any VOIP - landline.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Belkin Residential Gateway Battery Backup needs daily reset

2 of 3 (1,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:25:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I never got an email notification so I didn't realize until now that anyone even replied to me. 

Anyway, I only replaced the battery but still have the same problems (Belkin shutting down) that I did with the original battery.  I'd prefer to keep using the Belkin cuz the new battery that I bought cost me $40.   But no one seems to have any answers so I guess that I will just do what you did & get a generic AC adapter.

Hi.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I never got an email notification so I didn't realize until now that anyone even replied to me. 

Anyway, I only replaced the battery but still have the same problems (Belkin shutting down) that I did with the original battery.  I'd prefer to keep using the Belkin cuz the new battery that I bought cost me $40.   But no one seems to have any answers so I guess that I will just do what you did & get a generic AC adapter.

Re: Belkin Residential Gateway Battery Backup needs daily reset

3 of 3 (1,238 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments