Being charged more than contract states

Being charged more than contract states

I signed up with U Verse through a salesperson who came to my door offering me a $56/month promotion discount for 12 months for the "Choice Prem Double"  ($46 discount) and Double/Tiple w/Wls Bonus Offer ($10 additional discount) and a choice between three "free" devices.  I have the monthly cost ($165) and promotion discount ($56) for a monthly total of $109 in writing on the order receipt.  When the tech who installed my system called to add HD package (for $10 extra), the customer service rep said my monthly discount was only $46.  I called the sales person who said she would take care of it and then she called me back and said it was all fixed (something about a confusion with the billing dept in the different promotions).  Skip forward a week and I get my first bill....only a $46 discount...imagine that.  OK....I called my person back (she was adament that I work any problems through her...ya right) and it appears she is no longer answering her phone or returning calls.  I left Time Warner for this same kind of no customer service crap....and ATT has one chance to impress me by backing their contract with me (which is in writing) or you can come get your equipment and I can start writing letters to my state's Consumer Protection Agency and Better Business Bureau.  What do you think AT&T would do if I tried to stiff them for $10 a month????  Oh...and to make matters worse, I called the customer service number on my bill and got a message to call back during business hours....it is freakin 7:00 PM Eastern....really??????   

Message 1 of 7 (714 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Being charged more than contract states

It sounds like you were signed up by a door to door AT&T subcontractor.  There seem to be more problems with this type of interaction than if you sign up via the AT&T website or by direct contact thru the 800 number.

With that said, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

This group can look into things and work with you one on one to hopefully come up with a resolution.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (676 Views)
Employee

Sorry to hear of your experience, not sure what the $10 discount double/triple wis bonus is?

Concerning reaching billing department,
billing is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm local time.
Calls outside of these times will get either sales or support departments, but not billing.

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (666 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @testnavewo  Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

I'm sorry for the billing issue you're having. Like BeeBeeSA suggested, if you would please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare, one of our managers will contact you directly to help.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (620 Views)

Thank you for all the responses. I spoke with a very helpful customer service agent who was able to resolve the problem. Though she was not able to identify all the discounts that the salesperson promised on the order form, she gave me other discounts that added up to the same total. ATT should really fix this third party sales issue.
Message 5 of 7 (513 Views)
Tutor

Same problem here.  I switched from Time Warner in November because of their shady billing practices and now I get the same treatment.  I have AT&T for wireless as well....may leave both.

Honor your contracts AT&T....or you WILL lose customers.

Message 6 of 7 (461 Views)
Mentor

Glad they were able to give you what the agent promised. Not so lucky here.
Message 7 of 7 (428 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.