Been rudely treated by a representative

Been rudely treated by a representative

I made a phone call to an att customer representative inquiring about question of my billing statement. Because the first representative that I spoke to cannot solve my problem, she transferred me to her supervisor. The supervisor speaks very rudely to me!!! I have been rudely treated like this!!!

My first though is to terminate my service with att because I really do not want to pay my money to someone who does not treat me as a customer!!!  But I have a two year contract. And I was OK with my previous experience with att. Now I really regretted my decision to make that contract. It is really terrible experience for me!!

In the end, the customer representative just hang up my phone rudely when I am still speaking!!! Does att allow their employees been so rudely to their customers? Is there any way to make the situation become better? If not, I think I will be very disappointed to att. 

Message 1 of 8 (450 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Re: Been rudely treated by a representative

Hard to answer when only one side is told.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (434 Views)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (416 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

I am sorry to hear of inappropriate behavior, billing is available Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm local time.

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (396 Views)
Employee

As mythoughts said, you definitely want to speak with billing regarding a billing issue and I also would like to apologize for the rudeness of the rep. When you call the number, if the number you're calling from is on your account, either as a contact number or a U-Verse phone line, the system will automatically recognize it as tied to a U-Verse account and then ask you what you're calling about. Simply say billing, and it will xfer you there. Also, just as a FYI, if you signed up for all 3 services, you would be on a two year promotion with a one year contract. None of our services come with a 2 year agreeement. Well, unless you bundled our internet and or phone with DirecTv.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (339 Views)
Teacher

The private message site is only so good.  It starts off well enough but then it can disappear.  I've not heard back on my comments since the first of March.  Someone did try to call and left a message with a call back number with a Texas area code.  I tried that number and it asks for number and password and the begins providing "helpful hints." 

I sent a follow up message about the problem at the first of this week but have yet to hear from anyone and, quite frankly, will be surprised if I do.   We just need to weigh out the product features and benefits against customer service provided by a behemoth.  I think we've all seen where there is a direct inverse correlation between size of company and service delivery.  As a company grows, its ability to provide truly quality customer service declines.  It just becomes too unweildly and, of course, each area is most certainly under orders to reduce costs. 

Message 6 of 8 (286 Views)

@lilybug0411 
lilybug0411 wrote:

As mythoughts said, you definitely want to speak with billing regarding a billing issue and I also would like to apologize for the rudeness of the rep. When you call the number, if the number you're calling from is on your account, either as a contact number or a U-Verse phone line, the system will automatically recognize it as tied to a U-Verse account and then ask you what you're calling about. Simply say billing, and it will xfer you there. Also, just as a FYI, if you signed up for all 3 services, you would be on a two year promotion with a one year contract. None of our services come with a 2 year agreeement. Well, unless you bundled our internet and or phone with DirecTv.

Umm, you might want to revise that statement.  You do currently have 2 year bundle packages, and I have been on one since 2012. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 8 (268 Views)
Employee

Oufanindallas, there is two year promotion on price bundle not including fees (hsia, receivers, broadcast, etc).
But the customer may cancel service after the first year without the $180 early termination fee, customer is not under 2 year contract, but a one year contract with two year promotion.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
" $79 Bundle Offer (U-verse TV + High Speed Internet + Voice with 24-month Discount):For new residential U-verse customers. Includes U-family TV, U-verse Internet Elite (6Mbps), and U-verse Voice 200. 12-month term required. An early termination fee of up to $180 may apply if U-verse TV services are disconnected. After 24 months, standard rates apply unless canceled by customer. Must maintain qualifying services for continued receipt of credit(s)"
Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8 (262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.