Helpful Links

Bait & Switch

Contributor

Bait & Switch

The representative I originally spoke with about signing up to the combo TV & Internet package went through a detailed, line-by-line, accounting of what my monthly charges for the combo would be.  I already had Uverse internet so I was essentially just adding TV.  The total, I was told came to $130 a month. 

Now I get a statement showing my monthly charges are $157/month.  What gives?  This is classic misrepresentation.

And, I can't seem to get anywhere with the 800-288-2020 phone number.  It's a rabbit hole with no one on the other side to help.

Is this fairly consistent AT&T treatment?  Anybody know what State or Federal bodies govern these behemoths?  I'm at wits end!!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Guru

Re: Bait & Switch

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

Jeffster advice is best for specific regards to your account, but some general observations for possible explanation(s).

The $130 was for a promotion package, did you previously own your RG? No monthly fee.
Uverse IPTV with HSIA has a $7 internet fee not generally included in promotion quote.
There is also a local broadcast fee of $2.99 not included in promotion quote.
Was HD fee ($10) part of promotion quote, as generally only for standard TV service, HD optional.
Did you add any additional receivers, each is $8 per month.
Of course taxes are not included in quote, depending on rate could be $10 on $130.

Without knowing what ordered, cannot state where differences occur but above is some possibilities for $27 difference.

Billing is desired department, available Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm local time.
Outside of those hours it is a rabbit hole, as department closed, other departments no help.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Employee

Forgot to include reference to above post.... http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp

Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply. Pricing, programming, and features subject to change at any time without notice.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

similar issue here was talked into opening a second account for tv and got the old bait and switch treatment. I even recorded the conversation of the quote with the breakdown i'm calling monday to cancel service and getting an attorney if they try and hit me with the early termination fee. spent over 12 hr of phone time with these peole over the past two weeks i'm done!!! I"ll pay more just to not be treated like this!

Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

Hello, caintain!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry about your recent experience. Have you had a chance to follow Jeffster's advice about sending us a private message?

If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so we can review your account and determine the source of the discrepancy. In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. 

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support