Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 7, 2014
10:05:49 AM
Bad customer service

Our cable and internet went out last night during a horrible thunderstorm. I called AT&T this morning on my way to work. I was told the wait would be 8 minutes. It was 5 minutes. I explained the outage to the customer service agent. Without asking about weather issues or checking for other outages in my area, she responded that the repairs might be my financial responsibility. Good to know that I own AT&T's equipment and that I'm responsible for a thunderstorm. Then she starts asking me about my cellphone plan. I realize my cellphone contract is up, but it wasn't the purpose of my call and I only had a limited amount of time before arriving to work - especially since a portion of my commute was eaten up by being on hold for so long. I politely told her several times that I did not want to discuss my cellphone contract. She kept saying, "But I want to save you money." I said, "Ma'am, I just want my internet and cable restored." Finally she said, "Don't text and drive" and hung up without ever addressing the purpose of my call. Unbelievable. To say I'm not happy is an understatement. 

Our cable and internet went out last night during a horrible thunderstorm. I called AT&T this morning on my way to work. I was told the wait would be 8 minutes. It was 5 minutes. I explained the outage to the customer service agent. Without asking about weather issues or checking for other outages in my area, she responded that the repairs might be my financial responsibility. Good to know that I own AT&T's equipment and that I'm responsible for a thunderstorm. Then she starts asking me about my cellphone plan. I realize my cellphone contract is up, but it wasn't the purpose of my call and I only had a limited amount of time before arriving to work - especially since a portion of my commute was eaten up by being on hold for so long. I politely told her several times that I did not want to discuss my cellphone contract. She kept saying, "But I want to save you money." I said, "Ma'am, I just want my internet and cable restored." Finally she said, "Don't text and drive" and hung up without ever addressing the purpose of my call. Unbelievable. To say I'm not happy is an understatement. 

Bad customer service

2 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 9:09:06 AM
(0)
Employee

I do apologize about you issue. It sounds like you may have been speaking with a sales agent or someone in customer care instead of tech support, which he who you needed to speak with. Whenever you call in with a technical issue using the customer care number 800-288-2020, when it prompts you for why you're calling, say 'technical support' and it will direct you to technical support instead of misdirecting you to either billing or sales. 

I do apologize about you issue. It sounds like you may have been speaking with a sales agent or someone in customer care instead of tech support, which he who you needed to speak with. Whenever you call in with a technical issue using the customer care number 800-288-2020, when it prompts you for why you're calling, say 'technical support' and it will direct you to technical support instead of misdirecting you to either billing or sales. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bad customer service

2 of 3 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 8:03:59 AM
(0)
Community Support

@isabelle991 , this sounds like a horrible experience indeed. We're so sorry to hear of your poor experience. What can we do to help? Send us a private message here and we'll do what we can.  Include your full name, account number, contact information, and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

~JulieRae

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@isabelle991 , this sounds like a horrible experience indeed. We're so sorry to hear of your poor experience. What can we do to help? Send us a private message here and we'll do what we can.  Include your full name, account number, contact information, and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

~JulieRae

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bad customer service

3 of 3 (150 Views)