Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 31, 2013
9:12:28 AM
Bad Modem, Ordered Another One

So I just ordered a new modem, called AT&T and ordered it to be sent over night since I have been without internet for 2 days

When I log in and look at orders it says in one column $100 for the modem, which is fine,  I don't see any shipping charges, but maybe they will add that later

The other column says monthly fee $46,  which is what I pay now,  I don't know why it would say monthly fee when I already have an account,  and it has the notice that if you cancel within 12 months there will be a fee,  I assume for new customers.

So here is the question,  did the webmaster only set up so many versions of what to show on the site and what they show means nothing,  or did this person not know what they were doing and signed me up with a new service?  

All I am doing is ordering a new modem to replace my bad one,  and for some reason they don't sell these uverse modems at any store, you have to order from AT&T

What do you think?  All is ok, or am I going to get extremely mad in a few days.  Maybe someone can tell me something.

So I just ordered a new modem, called AT&T and ordered it to be sent over night since I have been without internet for 2 days

When I log in and look at orders it says in one column $100 for the modem, which is fine,  I don't see any shipping charges, but maybe they will add that later

The other column says monthly fee $46,  which is what I pay now,  I don't know why it would say monthly fee when I already have an account,  and it has the notice that if you cancel within 12 months there will be a fee,  I assume for new customers.

So here is the question,  did the webmaster only set up so many versions of what to show on the site and what they show means nothing,  or did this person not know what they were doing and signed me up with a new service?  

All I am doing is ordering a new modem to replace my bad one,  and for some reason they don't sell these uverse modems at any store, you have to order from AT&T

What do you think?  All is ok, or am I going to get extremely mad in a few days.  Maybe someone can tell me something.

Bad Modem, Ordered Another One

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 9:59:53 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Breaker19,

I checked the status of your order to find out what's going on. I noticed that you're currently on our IP-DSL platform for U-verse Internet and the modem you had that went bad is the Motorola 2210. Over the last couple years we have been phasing out the 2210 modems for IP-DSL customers and replacing them with the Motorola NVG510 gateways. So on your order, I see your current monthly pricing is still the same going forward. No changes there. Also, like you said there's a $100 fee for the new incoming gateway (No shipping charges, AT&T will cover that). So no major changes that I can see, just a newer model gateway to replace the outdated 2210 is the only thing that will be different. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Breaker19,

I checked the status of your order to find out what's going on. I noticed that you're currently on our IP-DSL platform for U-verse Internet and the modem you had that went bad is the Motorola 2210. Over the last couple years we have been phasing out the 2210 modems for IP-DSL customers and replacing them with the Motorola NVG510 gateways. So on your order, I see your current monthly pricing is still the same going forward. No changes there. Also, like you said there's a $100 fee for the new incoming gateway (No shipping charges, AT&T will cover that). So no major changes that I can see, just a newer model gateway to replace the outdated 2210 is the only thing that will be different. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bad Modem, Ordered Another One

2 of 4 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 10:24:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for checking, now I don't have to worry.

But now will I have to call up to have the new modem activated? or will it connect on it's own when I plug it in?  Sometimes when I call, they say it's a 1 hour wait.

Thank you for checking, now I don't have to worry.

But now will I have to call up to have the new modem activated? or will it connect on it's own when I plug it in?  Sometimes when I call, they say it's a 1 hour wait.

3 of 4 (397 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 11:45:45 AM
(0)
Employee

Not necessarily, our ordering system will recognize when you plug in your new gateway automatically and that will cause it to run through the activation process. It's basically automatic, no need to contact support for activation Smiley Happy

Not necessarily, our ordering system will recognize when you plug in your new gateway automatically and that will cause it to run through the activation process. It's basically automatic, no need to contact support for activation Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (387 Views)