Bad Customer Service, Unreliable Internet, and Lying about billing.

Contributor

Bad Customer Service, Unreliable Internet, and Lying about billing.

[ Edited ]

Here has been my experience with AT&T U-verse Service: I signed up for my first year of service and paid $25/month. With the exception of my wireless being extremely slow and randomly stopping for 15 minutes at least 5x/week (which the technician I called and the technician who visited my house could never resolve), I tolerated it because it was the cheapest option in my area.

However, when my bill increased to $45 I called to cancel my service and transfer to another provider. Then, when I called to try to cancel, I was shuttled between 5 people, finally to be told that the division that cancels U-verse service was closed 20 minutes before the official "business hours" were over! I called again the next day to cancel my service, and talked to an apologetic person who offered me three months free service, plus half my rate for the rest of the year, $23/month. I accepted the offer even though the wireless was still spotty, but since that time AT&T has not followed through with what I was promised and now is clearly attempting to rip my off by increasing my bill each month.

What happened after my phone call is they charged me $5 the first month, $23 for four months, and then $40 the next month, $46 the following, and now $51 this month. I have a very busy job, and I am ashamed to say I have not tried to rectify this terrible billing practice until now, and I have allowed them to charge me for $93 more than I was told I would be charged when they lied to me about my rate and tricked me into continuing service with AT&T. 

If I was not calling and cancelling my service tomorrow, and allowed this to continue for a whole year with them increasing my payments by $5 each month with no explanation, they would have been able to take advantage of $210 that I did not agree to pay!

I am not normally a person who complains, but I felt I owed it to the AT&T community to warn people about the bad billing practices and empty promises that I have experienced. I will definitely be telling all my friends about AT&T's bad business practices and encouraging them to get service elsewhere.  

Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Bad Customer Service, Unreliable Internet, and Lying about billing.

Hello, madgirl444!

Thanks or posting. It sounds like your promotional pricing may have expired. We would be happy to review your account and explore some alternatives, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.