BBC World News Channel - programs recorded do not match what was scheduled in the guide

BBC World News Channel - programs recorded do not match what was scheduled in the guide

I am finding that in the Charleston SC area, if I record a program on channel 1207 BBC World News, the program that plays back is NOT what was scheduled per the GUIDE.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I tried recording "Horizons - Food Waste" that was scheduled at 4:30 PM EDT on Sunday 3/16, but instead got a program on Divine Women. This happens repeatedly for most recordings since Friday.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: BBC World News Channel - programs recorded do not match what was scheduled in the guide

homeontheashley wrote:

I am finding that in the Charleston SC area, if I record a program on channel 1207 BBC World News, the program that plays back is NOT what was scheduled per the GUIDE.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I tried recording "Horizons - Food Waste" that was scheduled at 4:30 PM EDT on Sunday 3/16, but instead got a program on Divine Women. This happens repeatedly for most recordings since Friday.

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed information!

That lineup should look better tomorrow. It was a late update from BBC. Let me know if you are still having issues for Horizons this weekend.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7

Re: BBC World News Channel - programs recorded do not match what was scheduled in the guide

Thank you for confirming that ATT is aware of the issue and will be addressing it. I really do want to see the rest of those Horizons programs, so I hope it will be better this weekend. I will report back if not.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 7

I am afraid this problem still exists. Horizons - Engergy Efficiency episode was supposed to be playing right now on BBC World and it is not playing. So now that is two episodes of this program that I have missed.

When is this going to be fixed?

Message 4 of 7

Further to this issue, we found that when we were trying to record Divine Women, we ended up uninitentionally recording one of the Horizon episodes. While it's lucky that I finally recorded one, I would really appreciate ATT updating me on when the root cause of this issue so that the U-verse guide matches the BBC World News programming that is actually being broadcast.

Message 5 of 7

This issue now appears to be resolved after the third part guide provider got in sync with BBC. Apparently the BBC had suddenly stopped providing geographical data so the times were off, I presume.

Now the guide and what is being broadcast appear to be in sync.

Thanks to Fox Mulder for sticking with this adn ensuring a resolution.

Message 6 of 7
Employee

homeontheashley wrote:

This issue now appears to be resolved after the third part guide provider got in sync with BBC. Apparently the BBC had suddenly stopped providing geographical data so the times were off, I presume.

Now the guide and what is being broadcast appear to be in sync.

Thanks to Fox Mulder for sticking with this adn ensuring a resolution.

Anytime my friend!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support