BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124 (51,521 Views)
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD?

Not available in HD yet.

Message 2 of 124 (50,131 Views)
Mentor

When/if it arrives, it will be 1188.  My fingers are crossed it won't be too long.  My understanding is that while BBC America HD has been available for over a year, only Dish Network and Time Warner (and Time Warner's carriage, I think, is only for New York) carry it.

Message 3 of 124 (50,132 Views)

Go here and add a request.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

You'll have to do a write in as they don't distinguish their omission of HD channels when it's available in SD.  

If enough of us voice interest they might listen. I'd also give a call.

On an interesting side note, DirecTV had BBCA briefly listed as BBCA HD in their guide last week.  Got everyones hopes up but it appeared to just be an accident.

Message 4 of 124 (50,132 Views)
Scholar

How about BBCA On Demand?   We just switched to U-Verse and BBCA On Demand was one of the things I thought I was getting.  I verified that BBCA was in the channel lineup and all of the literature said On Demand was included.   On Demand is important with BBCA because the shows on the broadcast are not the same as the original programs in the UK.  There are no ads on BBC so when the shows are broadcast here, 10-12 minutes are removed to make room for the ads.   On Demand shows the full programs as they were broadcast in the UK

Why isn't BBCA On Demand available to U-verse subscribers?

Message 5 of 124 (50,132 Views)

I've wondered why none of the carriers seem to do a good job with the BBC network.  Are they asking too much money?

Outside of anything sports related it's one of the most complained about channels for access/availability.

Message 6 of 124 (50,132 Views)
Guru

athenian wrote:

On Demand is important with BBCA because the shows on the broadcast are not the same as the original programs in the UK.  There are no ads on BBC so when the shows are broadcast here, 10-12 minutes are removed to make room for the ads.  

That's not strictly true.  BBC shows often are not 60 minutes long (for example), or even close (e.g. Doctor Who and Torchwood run about 46 min, usually), so in an hour timeslot little or no editing is required to fit the commercials.

But I do agree that having BBCA on demand would be nice.  I, however, would consider BBCA HD more urgent (but hey, to each his or her own).

Message 7 of 124 (50,063 Views)

U-verse doesn't carry much on-demand.  If we did get BBCA HD I doubt the VOD would come with that.

Message 8 of 124 (50,031 Views)
ACE - Master

BBC HD is one of the most asked for channels that I have read about.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 124 (49,909 Views)
Tutor

Ok, it is 1 year today since Dish, Time Warner and Cox got BBC America HD. Come on AT&T it is time for Uverse!!

Message 10 of 124 (48,798 Views)
Expert

You can make a channel request using the link below.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 11 of 124 (46,901 Views)
Expert

WowSmiley Surprised

Message 12 of 124 (46,883 Views)
Professor

right now BBC HD is only available in Latin America or so I am told

Message 13 of 124 (46,252 Views)
Scholar

Not only does COMCAST have BBCHD, now they are getting BBC WORLD NEWS:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/business/media/bbc-world-news-to-be-available-through-comcast.html...

U-verse continues toi fall behind.

Message 14 of 124 (46,248 Views)
Professor

It is no big deal

Message 15 of 124 (46,244 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.