Helpful Links

BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD?

I agree dwinth i don't think BBC is nothing like Crown Media i don't think Uverse will drop the channel they will just keep it in SD if they can't get the HD version .
Message 106 of 124

dwinth wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

michail77 wrote:

I've given up hope after all this time.  Let's just all agree AT&T will never carry the channel.

It's easy enough to stream BBC content from other sources

At this point, BBC America is more likely to go the way of Hallmark and NHL than get the HD channel added.

Why would you say that BBC America is more likely to be eliminated? Do you have a link that indicates this happening? The contract with BBC America was set to expire last month. As of now, it is still on the air. To me that indicates that either a new contract has been agreed upon or the two sides are still talking after the expiration of the old contract.

With Hallmark and the NHL Network, the channels were pulled immediately at the end of the existing contract.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I'm not saying that will happen.  I'm just saying it's more likely that would happen than U-verse adding the HD channel.  This is just my way of expressing frustration with U-verse for being the only provider that doesn't offer BBC America in HD.

Message 107 of 124
ACE - Professor

I feel that the most likely scenario is that U-Verse will keep BBC America SD, and add BBC America HD sometime in the future.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 124
Mentor

Re: BBC America HD

I switched from Comcast to uverse about 6 months back. I like the service but really miss my bbc America in hd. They have great programming (ripper street, copper, dr who, ....). I also understand they are coming out with some need programs. I see comments about this going back years. Is there some place to register a request/complaint.

Message 109 of 124
ACE - Professor

Erica1 wrote:

I switched from Comcast to uverse about 6 months back. I like the service but really miss my bbc America in hd. They have great programming (ripper street, copper, dr who, ....). I also understand they are coming out with some need programs. I see comments about this going back years. Is there some place to register a request/complaint.

Make your request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

AT&T is fully aware that it's subscribers would like to have BBC America HD, but it would not hurt for you to make your request on the above link.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 110 of 124

I don't even consider SD channels to be countable in lineup anymore.  So IMHO, U-verse does not carry BBC America. 

Message 111 of 124
ACE - Master

michail77 wrote:

I don't even consider SD channels to be countable in lineup anymore.  So IMHO, U-verse does not carry BBC America. 

How about WE-TV?  You gotta count WE or you're missing Bridezillas.  Smiley Tongue

Message 112 of 124

baseballisback wrote:

michail77 wrote:

I've given up hope after all this time.  Let's just all agree AT&T will never carry the channel.

It's easy enough to stream BBC content from other sources

Rule 1 - Never say never.

Rule 2 - In the case of "not possible," in this day and age, it probably is possible. It appears you've found this out. Smiley Happy

My intention was to say never and then have it backfire on me.  I'll take looking a fool if I can get BBC in HD.

Message 113 of 124
Highlighted

dhascall wrote:

Yup, switching TV providers is not a trivial exercise.  There are channel guides available.  I do not feel bad for new customers who fail to do some basic research.  I chuckle and/or throw up, a little in my mouth every time I read "they assured me" or "they guaranteed me" line about U-Verse carrying certain channels.  I counter, did you get that guarantee, in writing?

Don't forgot about the now-popular, "The salesman was not authorized to make that offer."

I too am a Comcast convert - not so much for the cost, but (a) because where I live, Comcast packs so many channels into its line that some channels (CNN HD, especially) froze on a regular basis, and (b) I needed to upgrade my Internet from 1.5M DSL, and U-Verse was less prone to slowdowns caused by neighbors sharing a cable internet stream.  Yes, U-Verse has its problems (for example, it has now been 18 months since it dropped WWE Classics On Demand, and it's still under the impression that WWE Network is going to start up Real Soon Now, despite the fact that the one place you would expect announcements about it - on WWE programming - doesn't even mention it), but what service doesn't?  (Satellite?  Tell me that during the next reasonably heavy rainstorm.  OTA? It's not the 1970s any more; tell me where CNN 24/7 OTA is located.)

Message 114 of 124
Scholar

Smiley Frustrated

Perhaps the delay for BBC America HD (which would apparently be on ch. 1188) is AT&T U-verse waiting on current contract to expire. I don't know; but I'm willing to make that guess. Along with (if they ever) return[s] of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and NHL Network, it seems the linear high definition is greatly overdue but will come through. I'm sorry it's been taking so long.

Message 115 of 124
ACE - Professor

LoveHD wrote:

Smiley Frustrated

Perhaps the delay for BBC America HD (which would apparently be on ch. 1188) is AT&T U-verse waiting on current contract to expire. I don't know; but I'm willing to make that guess. Along with (if they ever) return[s] of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and NHL Network, it seems the linear high definition is greatly overdue but will come through. I'm sorry it's been taking so long.

According to several threads, it appears as if the channel has been up for renewal several times in the past 8-12 months.

Message 116 of 124
Tutor

Very frustratring, if I had noticed the lack of an HD version of BBC America when I ordered the service I would have skipped Uverse and called Comcast. I would gladly trade 90% of the other HD channels for BBC America HD.  How many times can we request a channel on their website?

Message 117 of 124
Explorer

I'm sure there have been more than enough requests for this popular channel in HD. Appear to be a "on the cheap" move bu U-verse.

Message 118 of 124
Explorer

I know you are just venting but if this channel is one you would want over 90% of the HD channels out there why in the world would you not double/triple check that this channel is part of the UVerse HD lineup? Another good resource to use is http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda... which lists all of the HD channels for all of the major cable/satellite providers.
Message 119 of 124
Scholar

guest writes, "I'm sure there have been more than enough requests for this popular channel in HD. Appear to be a "on the cheap" move bu U-verse."

I think that second sentence is not out of the realm of the actual reason why BBC America hasn't yet been added in HD by AT&T U-verse. Though "on the cheap" may be considered a slap, it may explain why any provider of cable television programming is slow to add the high definition of a given programmer like BBC America. As if the company is waiting for a deal more to its liking.

At this point, I suppose one could play a guessing game as to when he believes AT&T U-verse will finally add BBC America HD to its lineup. (At some point, perhaps, by the end of 2013, no?)

Message 120 of 124
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support