Helpful Links

BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124
ACE - Professor

Re: BBC America HD

enthusiastmvs wrote:

I specifically asked the sales representative for my favorite channels and clarified no less than three times before committing that they would be in HD. Not only did the installation not include HD for which I had to inquire separately, but now I discover that BBC America is not available in HD at all? Had the uVerse representative been honest, I would've chosen the Direct TV I had before, which carried BBC America in beautiful HD. Rats.

Very unhappy new subscriber,

Michael

I am sorry that you had either a dishonest sales representative who would say anything just to make a sale or one who was just uninformed  My guess it was the first type of sales representative.

Do not be so quick to give up on U-Verse. There are so many positive features that way outweigh the negatives. Be patient; I would guess that U-Verse will eventually get BBC America HD.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 91 of 124

Re: BBC America HD?

dhascall wrote:

sccraig wrote:
My fingers are still crossed.

I hope that you fingers don't get locked into that position.  AT&T is the only major provider to not have BBC-HD, according to the matrix on the AVS Forums. 

The HD lead / innovator status that AT&T once had, is gone.  In some markets, TWC and Brighthouse have 160-163 HD channels (Wide + Limited) while U-Verse has 150.

I don't go by the limited, I'd judge by wide, those are the ones everyone will get.  AT&T still has the lead there (though the gap is closing) on the competition. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 92 of 124
Highlighted

I'm also interested in watching BBCam for Doctor Who and a few other shows, hope we get it soon...

Message 93 of 124
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

sccraig wrote:
My fingers are still crossed.

I hope that you fingers don't get locked into that position.  AT&T is the only major provider to not have BBC-HD, according to the matrix on the AVS Forums. 

The HD lead / innovator status that AT&T once had, is gone.  In some markets, TWC and Brighthouse have 160-163 HD channels (Wide + Limited) while U-Verse has 150.

I don't go by the limited, I'd judge by wide, those are the ones everyone will get.  AT&T still has the lead there (though the gap is closing) on the competition. 

Indeed - Brighthouse is only 2 away @ 148, for the Wide #.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 94 of 124
Tutor

bright house cable all so have bbc world hd  bein sports fuel tv hd

Message 95 of 124
ACE - Master

tvnut wrote:

bright house cable all so have bbc world hd  bein sports fuel tv hd

Do what?  Your post makes little sense.  all so?

Message 96 of 124
Mentor

do you have a link to the AVS Forum that has all the channels that your referring to?

thanks

Message 97 of 124
ACE - Master

heyyofan wrote:

do you have a link to the AVS Forum that has all the channels that your referring to?

thanks

Here you go!

Message 98 of 124
Teacher

I wouldn't blame the sales reps so quickly. The U-Verse demo in store includes programming, only available on BBC America (specifically Top Gear) _IN_HD_. After playing with the demo my family was very disappointed to learn that BBC America is actually in SD only.

Demoing BBC America in HD in store is a bit dishonest IMHO.
Message 99 of 124
ACE - Professor

rtphokie wrote:
I wouldn't blame the sales reps so quickly. The U-Verse demo in store includes programming, only available on BBC America (specifically Top Gear) _IN_HD_. After playing with the demo my family was very disappointed to learn that BBC America is actually in SD only.

I doubt they had the actual channel in HD. I wonder if it was an upconvered video or it was the regular BBC America SD channel stretched to fit the entire TV.

If I move, wouldn't I want to research the house and neighborhood I'd be moving to?

If I buy a new card, wouldn't I want to research the actual car (VIN #) and make/model of the car?

If I switch TV providers, why wouldn't I research that?

Message 100 of 124
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

rtphokie wrote:

I doubt they had the actual channel in HD. I wonder if it was an upconvered video or it was the regular BBC America SD channel stretched to fit the entire TV.

If I move, wouldn't I want to research the house and neighborhood I'd be moving to?

If I buy a new card, wouldn't I want to research the actual car (VIN #) and make/model of the car?

If I switch TV providers, why wouldn't I research that?

Yup, switching TV providers is not a trivial exercise.  There are channel guides available.  I do not feel bad for new customers who fail to do some basic research.  I chuckle and/or throw up, a little in my mouth every time I read "they assured me" or "they guaranteed me" line about U-Verse carrying certain channels.  I counter, did you get that guarantee, in writing?

As well, BBC SD looks far better than most cable providers BBCA SD.  So maybe the poster thought it was HD.

Message 101 of 124

I've given up hope after all this time.  Let's just all agree AT&T will never carry the channel.

It's easy enough to stream BBC content from other sources

Message 102 of 124
ACE - Professor

michail77 wrote:

I've given up hope after all this time.  Let's just all agree AT&T will never carry the channel.

Rule 1 - Never say never.

Rule 2 - In the case of "not possible," in this day and age, it probably is possible. It appears you've found this out. Smiley Happy

Message 103 of 124

michail77 wrote:

At this point, BBC America is more likely to go the way of Hallmark and NHL than get the HD channel added.

Message 104 of 124
ACE - Professor

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

michail77 wrote:

At this point, BBC America is more likely to go the way of Hallmark and NHL than get the HD channel added.

Why would you say that BBC America is more likely to be eliminated? Do you have a link that indicates this happening? The contract with BBC America was set to expire last month. As of now, it is still on the air. To me that indicates that either a new contract has been agreed upon or the two sides are still talking after the expiration of the old contract.

With Hallmark and the NHL Network, the channels were pulled immediately at the end of the existing contract.

Message 105 of 124
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support