BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124 (51,526 Views)
Contributor

Re: BBC America HD

I've seen what a good job of rhe channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

Message 76 of 124 (3,160 Views)
Expert

dynamix1 wrote:

I've seen what a good job of others channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

Maybe it's just cheaper to add some channels as opposed to others.  Business decisions are made based on the Benjamins not on emotion.

Message 77 of 124 (3,151 Views)
Expert

Also remember that when the SD version of a channel is already carried, the provider may want to wait until contract negotiation time to add the HD version of the channel. The provider has more negotiation leverage in that situation which can reduce the cost of the whole channel bundle.
Message 78 of 124 (3,133 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

dynamix1 wrote:

I've seen what a good job of rhe channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

Good one. I'm sure the servers were flooded with requests for Gane ShowHD as well.

Message 79 of 124 (3,022 Views)
Tutor

Re: BBC America HD?

[ Edited ]

Is there any eta of when we will get the HD channel?

Edit - found the site to request it http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 80 of 124 (4,840 Views)
ACE - Professor

dczyz wrote:

Is there any eta of when we will get the HD channel?

Edit - found the site to request it http://uversechannels.att.com/

Unfortunately, the answer is no. We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so we do not have any inside information whether or not AT&T is negotiating to add BBC America-HD to the U-Verse lineup.

AT&T does not give out information about negotiation status. You will know if U-Verse is adding BBC America-HD when there is an announcement screen on Channel 1188.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 81 of 124 (4,823 Views)

+1 Doctor Who here too!  (March 30th is quickly approaching.  New season!)

Message 82 of 124 (4,503 Views)
Voyager

looks like we'll all be watching in standard def.
Message 83 of 124 (4,108 Views)
Mentor

I'm really enjoying Orphan Black and the new season of Doctor Who. Too bad BBCA still isn't available in HD... Smiley Sad

Message 84 of 124 (3,811 Views)

Dr Who is looking godawful in regular definition.  There's really no excuse to have such a popular channel sans HD in this day and age

Message 85 of 124 (3,808 Views)
Explorer

It is unbelieveable that Comcast, DISH, Direct can all have this popular channel in HD and U-verse continues to stiff it's subs. Pathetic.

Message 86 of 124 (3,743 Views)
ACE - Professor

guest wrote:

It is unbelieveable that Comcast, DISH, Direct can all have this popular channel in HD and U-verse continues to stiff it's subs. Pathetic.

Did you switch back to Comcast after you stated that you would do so on March 24?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 87 of 124 (3,727 Views)
Scholar

My fingers are still crossed.
Message 88 of 124 (3,156 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

sccraig wrote:
My fingers are still crossed.

I hope that you fingers don't get locked into that position.  AT&T is the only major provider to not have BBC-HD, according to the matrix on the AVS Forums. 

The HD lead / innovator status that AT&T once had, is gone.  In some markets, TWC and Brighthouse have 160-163 HD channels (Wide + Limited) while U-Verse has 150.

Message 89 of 124 (3,090 Views)

I specifically asked the sales representative for my favorite channels and clarified no less than three times before committing that they would be in HD. Not only did the installation not include HD for which I had to inquire separately, but now I discover that BBC America is not available in HD at all? Had the uVerse representative been honest, I would've chosen the Direct TV I had before, which carried BBC America in beautiful HD. Rats.

Very unhappy new subscriber,

Michael

Message 90 of 124 (2,119 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.