BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124 (51,512 Views)
Expert

Re: BBC America HD

Smiley LOL

Message 61 of 124 (4,051 Views)
Master

dian1950 wrote:

Switch over to COMCAST for BBCHD

I had them before I switched to Uverse and when their stuff worked it was great but at least once a month I had outages and when you called in on a Wednesday they would schedule someone out by next tuesday way unacceptable besides lacking enough of the HD channels that I do watch.

Message 62 of 124 (4,045 Views)

I like Uverse, I really do, but watching another season of Doctor Who in SD is really disappointing. I'm even more annoyed that they last second added Longhorn Network, even though that's got be the least in-demand network in the world. ESPN can't anybody to pick it up, but Uverse grabs it the night before Texas opens up against some no name school in a game nobody wants to watch, but they can't add an HD feed of a channel they've carried in SD for years. Oh well, I guess.

Message 63 of 124 (4,032 Views)
Expert

For all we know, Comcrap is behind this in keeping UV from getting BBC HD?

I have to admit, not watching SD in a LONG time, Dr. Who was annoying with a black square around the picture.  Smiley Sad

I'm sure ATT is working on a negotiation as we've seen lots of channels added that we never thought we would!

Message 64 of 124 (4,017 Views)
ACE - Professor

dian1950 wrote:

Switch over to COMCAST for BBCHD

Hi Paul416 aka Larry11 plus numerous other names.

I assume you have switched that rental unit that you own over to Comcast from U-Verse. You might want to give U-Verse a try again, but I doubt your Comcast employee contract would  allow you to do so. That is too bad. U-Verse is an excellent provider, and I am NOT an employee of AT&T.

I am confident that U-Verse will eventually have BBCAmerica HD and the PAC-12 Network. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Who knows, maybe Crown Media will finally come to their senses, and we will have the Hallmark Channel back. As far as the NHL Network, if there is not hockey this season, then it really will not matter unless you want to watch hockey reruns or if you are into minor league hockey.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 65 of 124 (4,005 Views)
Expert

When/If BBC llaunches their HD channel it will more likely just show up.  Somebody will post that it is available and others will check to confirm and then post as well.  Then one or two weeks later AT&T will announce the launch of the new HD channel.  At least that is how it has happened in the past.  It would be ironic if right after someone dropped UV for Comcast and then several days later BBC HD is launched.  Just a thought.

Message 66 of 124 (3,995 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I remember the other reason I dropped Comcast it took them forever to get Sci-Fi in HD had it for months on Uverse before they finally got it.

Message 67 of 124 (3,976 Views)
Expert

I left Comcast because they were raising prices.

Message 68 of 124 (3,970 Views)
Master

RCSMG wrote:

I left Comcast because they were raising prices.

This

Message 69 of 124 (3,948 Views)
Expert

Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 124 (3,936 Views)

Re: BBC America HD?

still nothing on this? Dr Who and Top Gear are such huge shows - we didn't even check to see if BBC America was in HD when we were deciding on signing up, because we figured it was a forgone conclusion. Really starting to regret our decision now...
Message 71 of 124 (20,447 Views)
ACE - Expert

AT&T's carriage agreement for BBC America is coming up due at the end of the year.  Maybe with the renewal.  Cross your fingers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 72 of 124 (6,386 Views)

I had BBCA HD on Brighthouse before switching to ATTUV over two years ago.

Message 73 of 124 (6,248 Views)
Scholar

BBC HD is on COMCAST in the Chicago markets
Message 74 of 124 (6,173 Views)
Expert

Thank you for another Comcast commerical.

Message 75 of 124 (6,155 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.