Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2010
9:00:31 AM
View profile
BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

BBC America HD?

123 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(123)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 2:32:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Smiley LOL

Smiley LOL

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: BBC America HD

61 of 124 (3,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 2:35:30 PM
(0)
Master

dian1950 wrote:

Switch over to COMCAST for BBCHD

I had them before I switched to Uverse and when their stuff worked it was great but at least once a month I had outages and when you called in on a Wednesday they would schedule someone out by next tuesday way unacceptable besides lacking enough of the HD channels that I do watch.

dian1950 wrote:

I had them before I switched to Uverse and when their stuff worked it was great but at least once a month I had outages and when you called in on a Wednesday they would schedule someone out by next tuesday way unacceptable besides lacking enough of the HD channels that I do watch.

62 of 124 (3,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 2:45:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

I like Uverse, I really do, but watching another season of Doctor Who in SD is really disappointing. I'm even more annoyed that they last second added Longhorn Network, even though that's got be the least in-demand network in the world. ESPN can't anybody to pick it up, but Uverse grabs it the night before Texas opens up against some no name school in a game nobody wants to watch, but they can't add an HD feed of a channel they've carried in SD for years. Oh well, I guess.

I like Uverse, I really do, but watching another season of Doctor Who in SD is really disappointing. I'm even more annoyed that they last second added Longhorn Network, even though that's got be the least in-demand network in the world. ESPN can't anybody to pick it up, but Uverse grabs it the night before Texas opens up against some no name school in a game nobody wants to watch, but they can't add an HD feed of a channel they've carried in SD for years. Oh well, I guess.

63 of 124 (3,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 2:57:34 PM
(0)
Expert

For all we know, Comcrap is behind this in keeping UV from getting BBC HD?

I have to admit, not watching SD in a LONG time, Dr. Who was annoying with a black square around the picture.  Smiley Sad

I'm sure ATT is working on a negotiation as we've seen lots of channels added that we never thought we would!

For all we know, Comcrap is behind this in keeping UV from getting BBC HD?

I have to admit, not watching SD in a LONG time, Dr. Who was annoying with a black square around the picture.  Smiley Sad

I'm sure ATT is working on a negotiation as we've seen lots of channels added that we never thought we would!

64 of 124 (3,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 3:14:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dian1950 wrote:

Hi Paul416 aka Larry11 plus numerous other names.

I assume you have switched that rental unit that you own over to Comcast from U-Verse. You might want to give U-Verse a try again, but I doubt your Comcast employee contract would  allow you to do so. That is too bad. U-Verse is an excellent provider, and I am NOT an employee of AT&T.

I am confident that U-Verse will eventually have BBCAmerica HD and the PAC-12 Network. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Who knows, maybe Crown Media will finally come to their senses, and we will have the Hallmark Channel back. As far as the NHL Network, if there is not hockey this season, then it really will not matter unless you want to watch hockey reruns or if you are into minor league hockey.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

dian1950 wrote:

Hi Paul416 aka Larry11 plus numerous other names.

I assume you have switched that rental unit that you own over to Comcast from U-Verse. You might want to give U-Verse a try again, but I doubt your Comcast employee contract would  allow you to do so. That is too bad. U-Verse is an excellent provider, and I am NOT an employee of AT&T.

I am confident that U-Verse will eventually have BBCAmerica HD and the PAC-12 Network. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Who knows, maybe Crown Media will finally come to their senses, and we will have the Hallmark Channel back. As far as the NHL Network, if there is not hockey this season, then it really will not matter unless you want to watch hockey reruns or if you are into minor league hockey.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

65 of 124 (3,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 3:25:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When/If BBC llaunches their HD channel it will more likely just show up.  Somebody will post that it is available and others will check to confirm and then post as well.  Then one or two weeks later AT&T will announce the launch of the new HD channel.  At least that is how it has happened in the past.  It would be ironic if right after someone dropped UV for Comcast and then several days later BBC HD is launched.  Just a thought.

When/If BBC llaunches their HD channel it will more likely just show up.  Somebody will post that it is available and others will check to confirm and then post as well.  Then one or two weeks later AT&T will announce the launch of the new HD channel.  At least that is how it has happened in the past.  It would be ironic if right after someone dropped UV for Comcast and then several days later BBC HD is launched.  Just a thought.

66 of 124 (3,552 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 4:02:41 PM
(0)
Master

I remember the other reason I dropped Comcast it took them forever to get Sci-Fi in HD had it for months on Uverse before they finally got it.

I remember the other reason I dropped Comcast it took them forever to get Sci-Fi in HD had it for months on Uverse before they finally got it.

67 of 124 (3,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 4:06:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I left Comcast because they were raising prices.

68 of 124 (3,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 5:14:19 PM
(0)
Master

RCSMG wrote:

This

RCSMG wrote:

This

69 of 124 (3,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 6:04:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

70 of 124 (3,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 8:33:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
still nothing on this? Dr Who and Top Gear are such huge shows - we didn't even check to see if BBC America was in HD when we were deciding on signing up, because we figured it was a forgone conclusion. Really starting to regret our decision now...
still nothing on this? Dr Who and Top Gear are such huge shows - we didn't even check to see if BBC America was in HD when we were deciding on signing up, because we figured it was a forgone conclusion. Really starting to regret our decision now...

Re: BBC America HD?

71 of 124 (20,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2012 2:19:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

AT&T's carriage agreement for BBC America is coming up due at the end of the year.  Maybe with the renewal.  Cross your fingers.

AT&T's carriage agreement for BBC America is coming up due at the end of the year.  Maybe with the renewal.  Cross your fingers.

72 of 124 (5,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2012 6:11:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

I had BBCA HD on Brighthouse before switching to ATTUV over two years ago.

I had BBCA HD on Brighthouse before switching to ATTUV over two years ago.

73 of 124 (5,805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2012 8:24:35 PM
(0)
Scholar
BBC HD is on COMCAST in the Chicago markets
BBC HD is on COMCAST in the Chicago markets

74 of 124 (5,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2012 10:07:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thank you for another Comcast commerical.

Thank you for another Comcast commerical.

75 of 124 (5,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 4:23:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've seen what a good job of rhe channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

I've seen what a good job of rhe channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

76 of 124 (2,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 4:50:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dynamix1 wrote:

I've seen what a good job of others channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

Maybe it's just cheaper to add some channels as opposed to others.  Business decisions are made based on the Benjamins not on emotion.

dynamix1 wrote:

I've seen what a good job of others channel reqest site has done. I'm sure there has been a overwhelming demand for Justice Central over BBC America HD. 

Maybe it's just cheaper to add some channels as opposed to others.  Business decisions are made based on the Benjamins not on emotion.

77 of 124 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 6:26:13 PM
(0)
Expert
Also remember that when the SD version of a channel is already carried, the provider may want to wait until contract negotiation time to add the HD version of the channel. The provider has more negotiation leverage in that situation which can reduce the cost of the whole channel bundle.
Also remember that when the SD version of a channel is already carried, the provider may want to wait until contract negotiation time to add the HD version of the channel. The provider has more negotiation leverage in that situation which can reduce the cost of the whole channel bundle.

78 of 124 (2,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2012 8:11:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

dynamix1 wrote:

Good one. I'm sure the servers were flooded with requests for Gane ShowHD as well.

dynamix1 wrote:

Good one. I'm sure the servers were flooded with requests for Gane ShowHD as well.

79 of 124 (2,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2013 9:38:16 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by dczyz on Mar 3, 2013 at 9:40:50 AM

Is there any eta of when we will get the HD channel?

Edit - found the site to request it http://uversechannels.att.com/

[ Edited ]
80 of 124 (4,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2013 10:25:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dczyz wrote:

Unfortunately, the answer is no. We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so we do not have any inside information whether or not AT&T is negotiating to add BBC America-HD to the U-Verse lineup.

AT&T does not give out information about negotiation status. You will know if U-Verse is adding BBC America-HD when there is an announcement screen on Channel 1188.

dczyz wrote:

Unfortunately, the answer is no. We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so we do not have any inside information whether or not AT&T is negotiating to add BBC America-HD to the U-Verse lineup.

AT&T does not give out information about negotiation status. You will know if U-Verse is adding BBC America-HD when there is an announcement screen on Channel 1188.

81 of 124 (4,378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 10:19:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

+1 Doctor Who here too!  (March 30th is quickly approaching.  New season!)

+1 Doctor Who here too!  (March 30th is quickly approaching.  New season!)

82 of 124 (4,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2013 1:33:23 AM
(0)
Voyager
looks like we'll all be watching in standard def.
looks like we'll all be watching in standard def.

83 of 124 (3,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2013 6:51:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'm really enjoying Orphan Black and the new season of Doctor Who. Too bad BBCA still isn't available in HD... Smiley Sad

I'm really enjoying Orphan Black and the new season of Doctor Who. Too bad BBCA still isn't available in HD... Smiley Sad

84 of 124 (3,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2013 7:00:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

Dr Who is looking godawful in regular definition.  There's really no excuse to have such a popular channel sans HD in this day and age

Dr Who is looking godawful in regular definition.  There's really no excuse to have such a popular channel sans HD in this day and age

85 of 124 (3,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2013 10:41:41 AM
(0)
Explorer

It is unbelieveable that Comcast, DISH, Direct can all have this popular channel in HD and U-verse continues to stiff it's subs. Pathetic.

It is unbelieveable that Comcast, DISH, Direct can all have this popular channel in HD and U-verse continues to stiff it's subs. Pathetic.

86 of 124 (3,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2013 11:39:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

guest wrote:

Did you switch back to Comcast after you stated that you would do so on March 24?

guest wrote:

Did you switch back to Comcast after you stated that you would do so on March 24?

87 of 124 (3,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 7:41:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
My fingers are still crossed.

88 of 124 (2,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2013 12:21:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on May 17, 2013 at 12:24:26 PM

sccraig wrote:

I hope that you fingers don't get locked into that position.  AT&T is the only major provider to not have BBC-HD, according to the matrix on the AVS Forums. 

The HD lead / innovator status that AT&T once had, is gone.  In some markets, TWC and Brighthouse have 160-163 HD channels (Wide + Limited) while U-Verse has 150.

sccraig wrote:

I hope that you fingers don't get locked into that position.  AT&T is the only major provider to not have BBC-HD, according to the matrix on the AVS Forums. 

The HD lead / innovator status that AT&T once had, is gone.  In some markets, TWC and Brighthouse have 160-163 HD channels (Wide + Limited) while U-Verse has 150.

[ Edited ]
89 of 124 (2,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2013 2:04:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I specifically asked the sales representative for my favorite channels and clarified no less than three times before committing that they would be in HD. Not only did the installation not include HD for which I had to inquire separately, but now I discover that BBC America is not available in HD at all? Had the uVerse representative been honest, I would've chosen the Direct TV I had before, which carried BBC America in beautiful HD. Rats.

Very unhappy new subscriber,

Michael

I specifically asked the sales representative for my favorite channels and clarified no less than three times before committing that they would be in HD. Not only did the installation not include HD for which I had to inquire separately, but now I discover that BBC America is not available in HD at all? Had the uVerse representative been honest, I would've chosen the Direct TV I had before, which carried BBC America in beautiful HD. Rats.

Very unhappy new subscriber,

Michael

90 of 124 (1,674 Views)