Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2010
9:00:31 AM
View profile
BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

BBC America HD?

123 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(123)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 7:40:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by stephenrea on Jul 10, 2012 at 7:57:29 AM

That doesn't answer the question though. Personally i've sent the request using that form several times...but does anyone actually know when the channel is going to be added? If ever.

Also I've seen (fomr google searches) people talking about BBCA (HD) for over 3 years now so it isn't like this is the first time someone asked. I'm very intrested personally in getting BBCA in HD for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed it happens soonish. Smiley Happy

That doesn't answer the question though. Personally i've sent the request using that form several times...but does anyone actually know when the channel is going to be added? If ever.

Also I've seen (fomr google searches) people talking about BBCA (HD) for over 3 years now so it isn't like this is the first time someone asked. I'm very intrested personally in getting BBCA in HD for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed it happens soonish. Smiley Happy

Re: BBC America HD

[ Edited ]
31 of 124 (6,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 8:30:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

From Wikipedia:

BBC America HD, a 1080i high definition simulcast version of BBC America, is carried nationally by Dish Network, and regionally on Time Warner Cable,Cox Communications and some smaller providers.

From Wikipedia:

BBC America HD, a 1080i high definition simulcast version of BBC America, is carried nationally by Dish Network, and regionally on Time Warner Cable,Cox Communications and some smaller providers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 124 (6,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 8:34:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

stephenrea wrote:

No one on this peer to peer customer forum can answer that question.

stephenrea wrote:

No one on this peer to peer customer forum can answer that question.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 124 (6,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2012 8:53:45 PM
(0)
Voyager
Yeah, it's about time this HD channel was added to the lineup.

They're launching their first original scripted series this summer (Copper) and we're going to have to watch it in SD.
Yeah, it's about time this HD channel was added to the lineup.

They're launching their first original scripted series this summer (Copper) and we're going to have to watch it in SD.

34 of 124 (6,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 7:07:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

COMCAST carries BBCHD at least in the Chicago market

35 of 124 (6,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 7:33:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Another Comcast commercial.

Another Comcast commercial.

36 of 124 (6,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 12:42:41 PM
(0)
Scholar
stephenrea writes: "That doesn't answer the question though."

Just about any provider of cable-television services will avoid stating what programming is being considered for additions. SD and HD alike. And that's because of a negotiation for carriage not working out. Also: for any cable-television provider who would say, "We're intending on getting this channel or that channel," it would create expectations on them from their subscribers. A setup for failure.
stephenrea writes: "That doesn't answer the question though."

Just about any provider of cable-television services will avoid stating what programming is being considered for additions. SD and HD alike. And that's because of a negotiation for carriage not working out. Also: for any cable-television provider who would say, "We're intending on getting this channel or that channel," it would create expectations on them from their subscribers. A setup for failure.

37 of 124 (6,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 2:32:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dian1950 wrote:

As a true lover of Comcast, please let us know why anyone, who can, should switch to Comcast as their provider. You seem ot be an excellent spokesperson for Comcast, and are very supportive of their product.

Through the years as Paul, Larry, and the other names you have used on this forum, you have touted Comcast as the best television provider while showing us how decrepit U-Verse is in comparison.

Some of the subscribers to this forum have never heard your reasons to switch from U-Verse to Comcast. Could you please outline those reasons again.

I, personally, do not agree with anything you say, but you have a right to your opinion.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

dian1950 wrote:

As a true lover of Comcast, please let us know why anyone, who can, should switch to Comcast as their provider. You seem ot be an excellent spokesperson for Comcast, and are very supportive of their product.

Through the years as Paul, Larry, and the other names you have used on this forum, you have touted Comcast as the best television provider while showing us how decrepit U-Verse is in comparison.

Some of the subscribers to this forum have never heard your reasons to switch from U-Verse to Comcast. Could you please outline those reasons again.

I, personally, do not agree with anything you say, but you have a right to your opinion.

38 of 124 (6,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2012 2:55:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

+1 DR. WHO!!!

+1 DR. WHO!!!

Re: BBC America HD?

39 of 124 (23,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2012 12:55:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT because of internet connection issues that simply could not be resolved for a period of 4 months. I had hours of phone conversations, techies working on my pc virtually for hours, reps in my home for hours on at leat 6 six separate occasions. I replace 4 non-comcast modems and 2 Comcast modems with no resolution. The ONLY reason I wanted to keep it so badly was because I'm a huge BBC American fan. So, I switched to ATT and now can't watch all of my favorite BBC shows in HD. It's ridiculous!

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT because of internet connection issues that simply could not be resolved for a period of 4 months. I had hours of phone conversations, techies working on my pc virtually for hours, reps in my home for hours on at leat 6 six separate occasions. I replace 4 non-comcast modems and 2 Comcast modems with no resolution. The ONLY reason I wanted to keep it so badly was because I'm a huge BBC American fan. So, I switched to ATT and now can't watch all of my favorite BBC shows in HD. It's ridiculous!

40 of 124 (6,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2012 2:55:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kdmonks08 wrote:

You should have checked the availability of BBC America HD on U-Verse before you switched over. You can make a channel request on this web site.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

No one on this forum will be able to tell you if and when U-Verse will be getting BBC America HD as we are all U-Verse subscribers like you.  None of us have any priviledge to inside information. I hope that you get your wish.

kdmonks08 wrote:

You should have checked the availability of BBC America HD on U-Verse before you switched over. You can make a channel request on this web site.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

No one on this forum will be able to tell you if and when U-Verse will be getting BBC America HD as we are all U-Verse subscribers like you.  None of us have any priviledge to inside information. I hope that you get your wish.

41 of 124 (6,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2012 4:22:45 AM
(0)
Guru

gdblawyer wrote:

When will ATT- Uverse add BBCA to the HD channels?  I almost changed to Cox Communnications so I could have BBCA in HD.

BBC HD is going live on Direc Tv this morning.

Hopefully Uverse will get this channel as well.

gdblawyer wrote:

When will ATT- Uverse add BBCA to the HD channels?  I almost changed to Cox Communnications so I could have BBCA in HD.

42 of 124 (6,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2012 6:48:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

klatu10 wrote:

gdblawyer wrote:

Direct added Disney Jr. HD too. I have requested BBC America HD 20 times it just seems it falls on deaf ears. I wonder if anyone even moniters that survey.

klatu10 wrote:

gdblawyer wrote:

Direct added Disney Jr. HD too. I have requested BBC America HD 20 times it just seems it falls on deaf ears. I wonder if anyone even moniters that survey.

43 of 124 (6,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2012 12:56:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

Verizon FiOS recently added BBCAMHD as well, so maybe it's some sort of marketing push acrosss all the providers. I know the new season of Doctor Who [only five episodes before a long break .... WAAAH!] kicks off across the pond on 09/01 ,so it will probably 09/08 when the program will start airing here.

I'm crossing fingers BBCAM gets added soon!!!!.

Verizon FiOS recently added BBCAMHD as well, so maybe it's some sort of marketing push acrosss all the providers. I know the new season of Doctor Who [only five episodes before a long break .... WAAAH!] kicks off across the pond on 09/01 ,so it will probably 09/08 when the program will start airing here.

I'm crossing fingers BBCAM gets added soon!!!!.

44 of 124 (6,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2012 7:54:16 PM
(0)
Guru

I hope att will not be last major US TV Provider to add BBC America HD. I have been watch new Doctor Who in HD via BT. 

I hope att will not be last major US TV Provider to add BBC America HD. I have been watch new Doctor Who in HD via BT. 

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

45 of 124 (6,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 10:10:38 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well, they've announced the premiere date for Doctor Who: Sept. 1. It would be really nice if U-Verse had BBCA in HD by then. I'm not holding my breath, though...

Well, they've announced the premiere date for Doctor Who: Sept. 1. It would be really nice if U-Verse had BBCA in HD by then. I'm not holding my breath, though...

46 of 124 (5,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 6:15:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

It doesn't look good but at least we have shopping multi-view.

It doesn't look good but at least we have shopping multi-view.

47 of 124 (5,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 7:44:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

AT&T has the most HD channels of any provider but is the last holdout in getting BBC America in HD.  Is it BBC America or is it AT&T?

AT&T has the most HD channels of any provider but is the last holdout in getting BBC America in HD.  Is it BBC America or is it AT&T?

48 of 124 (5,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 11:11:53 AM
(0)
Scholar
My guess is it's AT&T. After all what HD have they added lately. MTV 2? Yeah right. Just a guess but most of the other providers have added it.
My guess is it's AT&T. After all what HD have they added lately. MTV 2? Yeah right. Just a guess but most of the other providers have added it.

49 of 124 (5,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2012 7:55:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Other TV and satellite providers have HD on the listing.  But I'm still waiting for the HD for BBC America.  Please add them to the listing.  Thanks!

Other TV and satellite providers have HD on the listing.  But I'm still waiting for the HD for BBC America.  Please add them to the listing.  Thanks!

BBC America HD

50 of 124 (5,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2012 9:10:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

Out of all the channels I lost when I switched over from TWC this is the one I miss the most.

Out of all the channels I lost when I switched over from TWC this is the one I miss the most.

51 of 124 (5,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 6:41:30 PM
(0)
Master

I wish they would add this channel soon watching Top Gear in SD on an HD TV with a screen size of 55inches looks well rather non detailed.

I wish they would add this channel soon watching Top Gear in SD on an HD TV with a screen size of 55inches looks well rather non detailed.

52 of 124 (5,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 7:24:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

BBC America is not funcional on our UVerse account this evening.  Everything else is working fine.  We have a house full of Dr. Who fans who are royally ticked off at missing the premiere.  Any idea what is going on?

BBC America is not funcional on our UVerse account this evening.  Everything else is working fine.  We have a house full of Dr. Who fans who are royally ticked off at missing the premiere.  Any idea what is going on?

53 of 124 (5,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 8:46:25 PM
(0)
Expert

Is it back on now?

I'm able to view it in Houston right now.

mpg98 wrote:

Is it back on now?

I'm able to view it in Houston right now.

mpg98 wrote:

54 of 124 (5,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 9:02:22 PM
(0)
Expert

Still on here, and Dr. Who has started!

Still on here, and Dr. Who has started!

55 of 124 (5,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 12:21:31 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by jasonvr on Sep 2, 2012 at 12:23:44 AM

Really need BBC America HD!  Yet another season of Doctor Who in SD otherwise....

And does anyone else find it ironic that there are big commercials on during Doctor Who stating that it is sponsored by AT&T, yet we can't even get the channel it is on in HD?

Really need BBC America HD!  Yet another season of Doctor Who in SD otherwise....

And does anyone else find it ironic that there are big commercials on during Doctor Who stating that it is sponsored by AT&T, yet we can't even get the channel it is on in HD?

[ Edited ]
56 of 124 (5,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 8:14:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

The adding of HD content on Uverse has slowed down to a crawl. I might get corrected but the only HD channels added from the SD lineup  in the last year are TVLAND and MTV2. I hoped that after the agreement with AMC we might get WETV HD and IFCHD. Hasn't happened. There are only so mant times I can fill out the request form asking for BBC AmericaHD. The ball is in their court.

The adding of HD content on Uverse has slowed down to a crawl. I might get corrected but the only HD channels added from the SD lineup  in the last year are TVLAND and MTV2. I hoped that after the agreement with AMC we might get WETV HD and IFCHD. Hasn't happened. There are only so mant times I can fill out the request form asking for BBC AmericaHD. The ball is in their court.

57 of 124 (5,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 8:34:38 AM
(0)
Master

i will say that Uverse still offers the most HD of the providers so if anyone higher up is visiting this forum as they do from time to time please consider adding BBCA in HD.

i will say that Uverse still offers the most HD of the providers so if anyone higher up is visiting this forum as they do from time to time please consider adding BBCA in HD.

58 of 124 (5,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 1:36:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

Switch over to COMCAST for BBCHD

Switch over to COMCAST for BBCHD

59 of 124 (5,000 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 1:53:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The previous commercial was brought to you by Comcast.

The previous commercial was brought to you by Comcast.

60 of 124 (3,478 Views)