BBC America HD?

Contributor

BBC America HD?

What channel is BBC America HD on for U-verse?

Message 1 of 124 (51,507 Views)
Contributor

Re: BBC America HD

[ Edited ]

That doesn't answer the question though. Personally i've sent the request using that form several times...but does anyone actually know when the channel is going to be added? If ever.

 

Also I've seen (fomr google searches) people talking about BBCA (HD) for over 3 years now so it isn't like this is the first time someone asked. I'm very intrested personally in getting BBCA in HD for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed it happens soonish. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 124 (7,130 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: BBC America HD

From Wikipedia:

 

 BBC America HD, a 1080i high definition simulcast version of BBC America, is carried nationally by Dish Network, and regionally on Time Warner Cable,Cox Communications and some smaller providers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 124 (7,118 Views)
Expert

Re: BBC America HD


stephenrea wrote:

 

That doesn't answer the question though. Personally i've sent the request using that form several times...but does anyone actually know when the channel is going to be added? If ever.

 

Also I've seen (fomr google searches) people talking about BBCA (HD) for over 3 years now so it isn't like this is the first time someone asked. I'm very intrested personally in getting BBCA in HD for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed it happens soonish. Smiley Happy


No one on this peer to peer customer forum can answer that question.

Message 33 of 124 (7,117 Views)
Voyager

Re: BBC America HD

Yeah, it's about time this HD channel was added to the lineup.

They're launching their first original scripted series this summer (Copper) and we're going to have to watch it in SD.
Message 34 of 124 (7,026 Views)
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD

COMCAST carries BBCHD at least in the Chicago market

Message 35 of 124 (7,011 Views)
Expert

Re: BBC America HD

Another Comcast commercial.

Message 36 of 124 (7,006 Views)
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD

stephenrea writes: "That doesn't answer the question though."

Just about any provider of cable-television services will avoid stating what programming is being considered for additions. SD and HD alike. And that's because of a negotiation for carriage not working out. Also: for any cable-television provider who would say, "We're intending on getting this channel or that channel," it would create expectations on them from their subscribers. A setup for failure.
Message 37 of 124 (6,981 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: BBC America HD


dian1950 wrote:

COMCAST carries BBCHD at least in the Chicago market


As a true lover of Comcast, please let us know why anyone, who can, should switch to Comcast as their provider. You seem ot be an excellent spokesperson for Comcast, and are very supportive of their product.

 

Through the years as Paul, Larry, and the other names you have used on this forum, you have touted Comcast as the best television provider while showing us how decrepit U-Verse is in comparison.

 

Some of the subscribers to this forum have never heard your reasons to switch from U-Verse to Comcast. Could you please outline those reasons again.

 

I, personally, do not agree with anything you say, but you have a right to your opinion.


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 38 of 124 (6,969 Views)
Contributor

Re: BBC America HD?

+1 DR. WHO!!!

Message 39 of 124 (24,214 Views)
Contributor

Re: BBC America HD

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT because of internet connection issues that simply could not be resolved for a period of 4 months. I had hours of phone conversations, techies working on my pc virtually for hours, reps in my home for hours on at leat 6 six separate occasions. I replace 4 non-comcast modems and 2 Comcast modems with no resolution. The ONLY reason I wanted to keep it so badly was because I'm a huge BBC American fan. So, I switched to ATT and now can't watch all of my favorite BBC shows in HD. It's ridiculous!

Message 40 of 124 (6,765 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: BBC America HD


kdmonks08 wrote:

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT because of internet connection issues that simply could not be resolved for a period of 4 months. I had hours of phone conversations, techies working on my pc virtually for hours, reps in my home for hours on at leat 6 six separate occasions. I replace 4 non-comcast modems and 2 Comcast modems with no resolution. The ONLY reason I wanted to keep it so badly was because I'm a huge BBC American fan. So, I switched to ATT and now can't watch all of my favorite BBC shows in HD. It's ridiculous!


You should have checked the availability of BBC America HD on U-Verse before you switched over. You can make a channel request on this web site.

 

http://uversechannels.att.com/

 

No one on this forum will be able to tell you if and when U-Verse will be getting BBC America HD as we are all U-Verse subscribers like you.  None of us have any priviledge to inside information. I hope that you get your wish.


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 41 of 124 (6,744 Views)
Guru

Re: BBC America HD


gdblawyer wrote:

When will ATT- Uverse add BBCA to the HD channels?  I almost changed to Cox Communnications so I could have BBCA in HD.


BBC HD is going live on Direc Tv this morning.

Hopefully Uverse will get this channel as well.

Message 42 of 124 (6,611 Views)
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD


klatu10 wrote:

gdblawyer wrote:

When will ATT- Uverse add BBCA to the HD channels?  I almost changed to Cox Communnications so I could have BBCA in HD.


BBC HD is going live on Direc Tv this morning.

Hopefully Uverse will get this channel as well.


Direct added Disney Jr. HD too. I have requested BBC America HD 20 times it just seems it falls on deaf ears. I wonder if anyone even moniters that survey.

Message 43 of 124 (6,597 Views)
Scholar

Re: BBC America HD

Verizon FiOS recently added BBCAMHD as well, so maybe it's some sort of marketing push acrosss all the providers. I know the new season of Doctor Who [only five episodes before a long break .... WAAAH!] kicks off across the pond on 09/01 ,so it will probably 09/08 when the program will start airing here.

 

I'm crossing fingers BBCAM gets added soon!!!!.

Message 44 of 124 (6,487 Views)

Re: BBC America HD

I hope att will not be last major US TV Provider to add BBC America HD. I have been watch new Doctor Who in HD via BT. 

Message 45 of 124 (6,448 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.