BBC America HD Channel 1188?

Tutor

BBC America HD Channel 1188?

While watching Justified, they had an ad for a British show called Ripper Street. What caught my eye was that it was for BBC America and they showed a channel number, displaying 1188 followed by BBC America. Curious, I clicked on 1188 and it automatically took me to 1200, so I'm guessing its not ready. Unless they have a new channel package (I'm in the 400+ one), was this for real and when does it go live? Has anyone else heard about this? 

Message 1 of 26 (8,774 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: BBC America HD Channel 1188?

twobook wrote:

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

AT&T  Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 26 (7,534 Views)

[ Edited ]

I called to ask why they didn't carry BBCA HD and all they could tell me is they didn't.  The agent didn't even know who to talk to about it.  ATT has surpassed TW and Comcast in bad customer service. 

I knew when I got Uverse a year ago they didn't carry it, but I was used to hd channels constantly being added by the previous providers I have used (tw, comcast), so I didn't think it was a big deal.  Turns out that uverse apparently has no intention of improving their hd service.  Horrible.  The 4 stream crap is a pain too.  I may be switching back if they don't improve soon...

Message 17 of 26 (7,230 Views)
Scholar

Average_Joe wrote:

I called to ask why they didn't carry BBCA HD and all they could tell me is they didn't.  The agent didn't even know who to talk to about it.  ATT has surpassed TW and Comcast in bad customer service. 

I knew when I got Uverse a year ago they didn't carry it, but I was used to hd channels constantly being added by the previous providers I have used (tw, comcast), so I didn't think it was a big deal.  Turns out that uverse apparently has no intention of improving their hd service.  Horrible.  The 4 stream crap is a pain too.  I may be switching back if they don't improve soon...

I agree. It is amazing that BBC HD has not been added and trying to contact U-verse and getting some feedback is impossible.

Message 18 of 26 (7,094 Views)
Master

It is a popular channel and for the life of me I can't figure out why they have not added it because they currently carry more HD programing than the competition around me.

Somebody in their marketing dept has got to be aware of the popularity of that channel and the fact their competition has it in their channel line-up.

I have filled out the channel request year after year since switching over from Comcast in hopes a lot more customers are doing the same.

Message 19 of 26 (6,957 Views)
Scholar

oz_1 wrote:

It is a popular channel and for the life of me I can't figure out why they have not added it because they currently carry more HD programing than the competition around me.

Somebody in their marketing dept has got to be aware of the popularity of that channel and the fact their competition has it in their channel line-up.

I have filled out the channel request year after year since switching over from Comcast in hopes a lot more customers are doing the same.

Still can't get this great channel in HD , no Hallmark and now thishttp://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Hits-UVerse-Users-With-New-Fees-Rate-Hikes-123160

Message 20 of 26 (6,842 Views)
Highlighted

dian1950 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Still can't get this great channel in HD , no Hallmark and now thishttp://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Hits-UVerse-Users-With-New-Fees-Rate-Hikes-123160

Go back to your comcast boards and  play there. They raise rates two and three times a year.  Direct TV raises rates, TWC cable raises rates, Dish Network  raises rates. It's a fact of having pay TV, if you don't want to have your rates increased. Get an antenna and watch OTA

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 21 of 26 (6,743 Views)
Tutor

Forget "Ripper Street" how about "Doctor Who", this is a show that should only be in HD!

Actually, I like a lot of the BBC shows and I will add my voice to all of the fans who want BBC HD.

Message 22 of 26 (5,672 Views)
Tutor

I am running out of patience with uverse not having BBC America in HD.  I watch several of the BBC shows and it is frustrating seeing the cropped picture on the HD Screen.  If they can't get it, let us know.  If the just don't want to then I will leave.  When the Dr. Who 50th anniversary show gets close (it air 11/23/13) and they still don't have it I am gone.

Message 23 of 26 (3,650 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Ed Romain wrote:

I am running out of patience with uverse not having BBC America in HD.  I watch several of the BBC shows and it is frustrating seeing the cropped picture on the HD Screen.  If they can't get it, let us know.  If the just don't want to then I will leave.  When the Dr. Who 50th anniversary show gets close (it air 11/23/13) and they still don't have it I am gone.

Yeah, it is one of the most requested channels on this forum.  In fact, every provider offers it in some form, although Charter, Mediacom and Wow do so on a limited basis.  NONETHELESS, U-Verse is odd man out.  There is hope, AT&T and the channel's owners are negotiating a new contract.  In the past, that has led to AT&T offering HD, where they hadn't before.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 26 (3,544 Views)
Scholar

It we will show up out of no were just like Baby TV did when i had Charter all they have was outages at least Uverse does have to many outages man those things frustrating .
Message 25 of 26 (3,502 Views)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:
It we will show up out of no were just like Baby TV did when i had Charter all they have was outages at least Uverse does have to many outages man those things frustrating .

They got the outages "out" of their system, back in 2007-08.  Someone would test something and the entire (Nationwide) service went down.  Fun, fun.

Message 26 of 26 (3,454 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.