Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 15, 2013
10:31:33 PM
BBC America HD Channel 1188?

While watching Justified, they had an ad for a British show called Ripper Street. What caught my eye was that it was for BBC America and they showed a channel number, displaying 1188 followed by BBC America. Curious, I clicked on 1188 and it automatically took me to 1200, so I'm guessing its not ready. Unless they have a new channel package (I'm in the 400+ one), was this for real and when does it go live? Has anyone else heard about this? 

While watching Justified, they had an ad for a British show called Ripper Street. What caught my eye was that it was for BBC America and they showed a channel number, displaying 1188 followed by BBC America. Curious, I clicked on 1188 and it automatically took me to 1200, so I'm guessing its not ready. Unless they have a new channel package (I'm in the 400+ one), was this for real and when does it go live? Has anyone else heard about this? 

BBC America HD Channel 1188?

25 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2013 5:22:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Let's hope it's in the works but, no, BBCA HD is not available YET

Since BBCA SD is 188, logically BBCA HD will be 1188.

Let's hope it's in the works but, no, BBCA HD is not available YET

Since BBCA SD is 188, logically BBCA HD will be 1188.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: BBC America HD Channel 1188?

2 of 26 (8,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2013 10:49:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Maybe if enough of us request BBC America HD they will add it.  I would love to have it right now.  I don't want to miss Dr. Who, Ripper Street and Copper in HD.

Maybe if enough of us request BBC America HD they will add it.  I would love to have it right now.  I don't want to miss Dr. Who, Ripper Street and Copper in HD.

3 of 26 (8,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2013 9:41:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I end up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I end up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

4 of 26 (8,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 5:56:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Msample22 wrote:

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I tend up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

U-Verse does not have a channel 1995, The last channel before that is 1932 Encore HD. Perhaps a few more Encore channels would get us to 1995. The next channel currently after 1932 is 2101 NBA Leage Pass Stats..

Oh, you mean the year 1995. As Emily Lutella used to say, "Never mind".

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Msample22 wrote:

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I tend up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

U-Verse does not have a channel 1995, The last channel before that is 1932 Encore HD. Perhaps a few more Encore channels would get us to 1995. The next channel currently after 1932 is 2101 NBA Leage Pass Stats..

Oh, you mean the year 1995. As Emily Lutella used to say, "Never mind".

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 26 (8,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 6:39:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Were there HD channels in 1995?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Were there HD channels in 1995?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

6 of 26 (8,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 7:29:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 3, 2013 at 7:29:50 AM

Good catch AG....There was no HD in 1995. 

HD was introduced in 1998.

[ Edited ]
7 of 26 (8,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 10:00:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

skeeterintexas wrote:

I think that was the point of picking 1995.  To the poster, not having BBC America HD is like living in a world without HD.

skeeterintexas wrote:

I think that was the point of picking 1995.  To the poster, not having BBC America HD is like living in a world without HD.

8 of 26 (8,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 10:19:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

bailorg wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

I'm old.  Be nice.

bailorg wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

I'm old.  Be nice.

9 of 26 (8,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 10:30:42 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:33:05 AM

skeeterintexas wrote:

Actually it started in 1936.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_definition_television#History_of_high-definition_television  1972, ws when you actually saw Japan Broadcasting Company actually introduce it to consumers in their country.  1981, MUSE system was introduced, and President Reagan got to see what the true future would hold.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

skeeterintexas wrote:

Actually it started in 1936.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_definition_television#History_of_high-definition_television  1972, ws when you actually saw Japan Broadcasting Company actually introduce it to consumers in their country.  1981, MUSE system was introduced, and President Reagan got to see what the true future would hold.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

[ Edited ]
10 of 26 (8,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 12:27:19 PM
(0)
Guru

Its better then Me, Vista, 8 and Blue

Its better then Me, Vista, 8 and Blue

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

11 of 26 (8,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 7:57:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
So I called and got a woman who could barely speak English and all she could tell me is that there is no BBC America HD. Well no crap! I am so tired of not having BBC HD.
So I called and got a woman who could barely speak English and all she could tell me is that there is no BBC America HD. Well no crap! I am so tired of not having BBC HD.

12 of 26 (7,678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 5:46:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Msample22 wrote:

The woman was correct. There is no BBC America HD in the U-Verse lineup.You can make your request for that channel on this link:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Msample22 wrote:

The woman was correct. There is no BBC America HD in the U-Verse lineup.You can make your request for that channel on this link:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

13 of 26 (7,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 1:50:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Msample22 wrote:

Keep demanding BBC HD because it is the one channel you definitely want in HD. Ripper Street, outstanding

Msample22 wrote:

Keep demanding BBC HD because it is the one channel you definitely want in HD. Ripper Street, outstanding

14 of 26 (7,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 2:47:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

15 of 26 (7,531 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 2:58:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

twobook wrote:

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

AT&T  Smiley Frustrated

twobook wrote:

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

AT&T  Smiley Frustrated

16 of 26 (7,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 5:42:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Average_Joe on Feb 22, 2013 at 5:52:31 PM

I called to ask why they didn't carry BBCA HD and all they could tell me is they didn't.  The agent didn't even know who to talk to about it.  ATT has surpassed TW and Comcast in bad customer service. 

I knew when I got Uverse a year ago they didn't carry it, but I was used to hd channels constantly being added by the previous providers I have used (tw, comcast), so I didn't think it was a big deal.  Turns out that uverse apparently has no intention of improving their hd service.  Horrible.  The 4 stream crap is a pain too.  I may be switching back if they don't improve soon...

I called to ask why they didn't carry BBCA HD and all they could tell me is they didn't.  The agent didn't even know who to talk to about it.  ATT has surpassed TW and Comcast in bad customer service. 

I knew when I got Uverse a year ago they didn't carry it, but I was used to hd channels constantly being added by the previous providers I have used (tw, comcast), so I didn't think it was a big deal.  Turns out that uverse apparently has no intention of improving their hd service.  Horrible.  The 4 stream crap is a pain too.  I may be switching back if they don't improve soon...

[ Edited ]
17 of 26 (7,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2013 8:58:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

Average_Joe wrote:

I agree. It is amazing that BBC HD has not been added and trying to contact U-verse and getting some feedback is impossible.

Average_Joe wrote:

I agree. It is amazing that BBC HD has not been added and trying to contact U-verse and getting some feedback is impossible.

18 of 26 (7,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2013 6:44:25 AM
(0)
Master

It is a popular channel and for the life of me I can't figure out why they have not added it because they currently carry more HD programing than the competition around me.

Somebody in their marketing dept has got to be aware of the popularity of that channel and the fact their competition has it in their channel line-up.

I have filled out the channel request year after year since switching over from Comcast in hopes a lot more customers are doing the same.

It is a popular channel and for the life of me I can't figure out why they have not added it because they currently carry more HD programing than the competition around me.

Somebody in their marketing dept has got to be aware of the popularity of that channel and the fact their competition has it in their channel line-up.

I have filled out the channel request year after year since switching over from Comcast in hopes a lot more customers are doing the same.

19 of 26 (6,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 10:38:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

oz_1 wrote:

Still can't get this great channel in HD , no Hallmark and now thishttp://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Hits-UVerse-Users-With-New-Fees-Rate-Hikes-123160

oz_1 wrote:

Still can't get this great channel in HD , no Hallmark and now thishttp://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Hits-UVerse-Users-With-New-Fees-Rate-Hikes-123160

20 of 26 (6,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 5:19:34 PM
(0)
Master

dian1950 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Go back to your comcast boards and  play there. They raise rates two and three times a year.  Direct TV raises rates, TWC cable raises rates, Dish Network  raises rates. It's a fact of having pay TV, if you don't want to have your rates increased. Get an antenna and watch OTA

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

dian1950 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Go back to your comcast boards and  play there. They raise rates two and three times a year.  Direct TV raises rates, TWC cable raises rates, Dish Network  raises rates. It's a fact of having pay TV, if you don't want to have your rates increased. Get an antenna and watch OTA

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

21 of 26 (6,737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 7:10:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

Forget "Ripper Street" how about "Doctor Who", this is a show that should only be in HD!

Actually, I like a lot of the BBC shows and I will add my voice to all of the fans who want BBC HD.

Forget "Ripper Street" how about "Doctor Who", this is a show that should only be in HD!

Actually, I like a lot of the BBC shows and I will add my voice to all of the fans who want BBC HD.

22 of 26 (5,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 4:28:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am running out of patience with uverse not having BBC America in HD.  I watch several of the BBC shows and it is frustrating seeing the cropped picture on the HD Screen.  If they can't get it, let us know.  If the just don't want to then I will leave.  When the Dr. Who 50th anniversary show gets close (it air 11/23/13) and they still don't have it I am gone.

I am running out of patience with uverse not having BBC America in HD.  I watch several of the BBC shows and it is frustrating seeing the cropped picture on the HD Screen.  If they can't get it, let us know.  If the just don't want to then I will leave.  When the Dr. Who 50th anniversary show gets close (it air 11/23/13) and they still don't have it I am gone.

23 of 26 (3,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 7:27:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 11, 2013 at 7:55:03 AM

Ed Romain wrote:

Yeah, it is one of the most requested channels on this forum.  In fact, every provider offers it in some form, although Charter, Mediacom and Wow do so on a limited basis.  NONETHELESS, U-Verse is odd man out.  There is hope, AT&T and the channel's owners are negotiating a new contract.  In the past, that has led to AT&T offering HD, where they hadn't before.

Ed Romain wrote:

Yeah, it is one of the most requested channels on this forum.  In fact, every provider offers it in some form, although Charter, Mediacom and Wow do so on a limited basis.  NONETHELESS, U-Verse is odd man out.  There is hope, AT&T and the channel's owners are negotiating a new contract.  In the past, that has led to AT&T offering HD, where they hadn't before.

[ Edited ]
24 of 26 (3,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:23:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
It we will show up out of no were just like Baby TV did when i had Charter all they have was outages at least Uverse does have to many outages man those things frustrating .
It we will show up out of no were just like Baby TV did when i had Charter all they have was outages at least Uverse does have to many outages man those things frustrating .

25 of 26 (3,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 2:00:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:

They got the outages "out" of their system, back in 2007-08.  Someone would test something and the entire (Nationwide) service went down.  Fun, fun.

Ryan456 wrote:

They got the outages "out" of their system, back in 2007-08.  Someone would test something and the entire (Nationwide) service went down.  Fun, fun.

26 of 26 (3,448 Views)