BBC America HD Channel 1188?

Tutor

BBC America HD Channel 1188?

While watching Justified, they had an ad for a British show called Ripper Street. What caught my eye was that it was for BBC America and they showed a channel number, displaying 1188 followed by BBC America. Curious, I clicked on 1188 and it automatically took me to 1200, so I'm guessing its not ready. Unless they have a new channel package (I'm in the 400+ one), was this for real and when does it go live? Has anyone else heard about this? 

Message 1 of 26 (8,780 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: BBC America HD Channel 1188?

Let's hope it's in the works but, no, BBCA HD is not available YET

Since BBCA SD is 188, logically BBCA HD will be 1188.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 26 (8,738 Views)
Tutor

Maybe if enough of us request BBC America HD they will add it.  I would love to have it right now.  I don't want to miss Dr. Who, Ripper Street and Copper in HD.

Message 3 of 26 (8,419 Views)
Contributor

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I end up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

Message 4 of 26 (8,178 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Msample22 wrote:

I need this channel.  I cannot stand living in a world with no HD Topgear. I tend up buying them on iTunes. Come AT&T we need this channel it's like 1995 without it.

U-Verse does not have a channel 1995, The last channel before that is 1932 Encore HD. Perhaps a few more Encore channels would get us to 1995. The next channel currently after 1932 is 2101 NBA Leage Pass Stats..

Oh, you mean the year 1995. As Emily Lutella used to say, "Never mind".

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 26 (8,156 Views)
ACE - Professor

Were there HD channels in 1995?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 6 of 26 (8,152 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Good catch AG....There was no HD in 1995. 

HD was introduced in 1998.

Message 7 of 26 (8,134 Views)
Scholar

skeeterintexas wrote:

I think that was the point of picking 1995.  To the poster, not having BBC America HD is like living in a world without HD.

Message 8 of 26 (8,107 Views)
ACE - Master

bailorg wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

I think that was the point of picking 1995.  To the poster, not having BBC America HD is like living in a world without HD.

I'm old.  Be nice.

Message 9 of 26 (8,100 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

skeeterintexas wrote:

Actually it started in 1936.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_definition_television#History_of_high-definition_television  1972, ws when you actually saw Japan Broadcasting Company actually introduce it to consumers in their country.  1981, MUSE system was introduced, and President Reagan got to see what the true future would hold.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Its better then Me, Vista, 8 and Blue

Message 11 of 26 (8,054 Views)
Contributor

So I called and got a woman who could barely speak English and all she could tell me is that there is no BBC America HD. Well no crap! I am so tired of not having BBC HD.
Message 12 of 26 (7,687 Views)
ACE - Professor

Msample22 wrote:
So I called and got a woman who could barely speak English and all she could tell me is that there is no BBC America HD. Well no crap! I am so tired of not having BBC HD.

The woman was correct. There is no BBC America HD in the U-Verse lineup.You can make your request for that channel on this link:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 13 of 26 (7,638 Views)
Scholar

Msample22 wrote:

Keep demanding BBC HD because it is the one channel you definitely want in HD. Ripper Street, outstanding

Message 14 of 26 (7,550 Views)
Tutor

"Keep demanding..."

From whom?

Message 15 of 26 (7,540 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.