Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 10, 2013
1:41:50 PM
View profile
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT

I had THE worst service from AT&T on 7/8/2013... I have no way of contacting a customer service person WHO IS IN CHARGE to take my complaint - it's been almost an hour trying to find a way to voice my complaint!!!

I needed to find out the policy on getting a replacement remote control for my Uverse as my kids have somehow managed to "lose" it...

After a good 20 minutes holding, I speak to a young lady (whose name I couldn't understand as she spoke too fast) - she tells me it will cost me $59!!!! So I kindly explain to her that AT&T are out of their minds if they think I will pay $59 for a remote WHICH IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, gets TRASHED when customers switch service and send their equipment back!!!  SHOCKING!! I was more angry at that information (which I got from UPS who send back AT&T equipment) as I feel it's so wasteful - why are these remotes not being recycled???  If they were, I'm sure it would not cost me $59 for a replacement unit!!!

So I tell this young lady to please put me through to her supervisor as I take serious issue at the wastefulness by AT&T and I won't be paying $59 for a remote...

Lucky me, about 15 minutes later (holding)... I get DONALD (Agent no.DG863F) on the line who is not a supervisor - not sure what happened to my request for a supervisor... that got lost along the way it seems (along with my instruction NOT TO ORDER A $59 remote)!!!

I proceed to go through all the hoops and security stuff with Donald and he proceeds to tell me that I have an order pending on my account for a remote... UH!!! NO!!! I explain that I am not ok with the fact that AT&T are asking me to pay $59 for a remote when they simply trash them when customers change service... he proceeds to tell me that "Business is about paying what you're told to pay... if I go to the gas station and want to put fuel in my car, I have to pay what they tell me to pay"....  mid sentence I was ready to climb through that phone and educate him on customer service!!! I told him that I am not a 2-year old and do understand business and that it's bad business to be so wasteful! He then continued talking and at this point I was done listening - I have NEVER EVER been treated so poorly by a service provider and for this reason wish to cancel my AT&T service ONLY because of this 1 bad apple!!!  I asked him to transfer me to cancellations...

Another 15+ mins later, a young man came on the line and as the connection was so poor (we could barely hear each other), he asked for my number and promised to call me back (he repeated my number back to me and it was correct).... it's been almost 48 hours and I am still waiting to hear from him...

So that's AT&T service in a nutshell for you - 3 agents, all incompetent and giving what should be a STELLAR service for the price I am paying, a VERY bad name!  Be sure I will be going "social" with all of this if I do not hear back from an AT&T rep within 24 hours...

I had THE worst service from AT&T on 7/8/2013... I have no way of contacting a customer service person WHO IS IN CHARGE to take my complaint - it's been almost an hour trying to find a way to voice my complaint!!!

I needed to find out the policy on getting a replacement remote control for my Uverse as my kids have somehow managed to "lose" it...

After a good 20 minutes holding, I speak to a young lady (whose name I couldn't understand as she spoke too fast) - she tells me it will cost me $59!!!! So I kindly explain to her that AT&T are out of their minds if they think I will pay $59 for a remote WHICH IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, gets TRASHED when customers switch service and send their equipment back!!!  SHOCKING!! I was more angry at that information (which I got from UPS who send back AT&T equipment) as I feel it's so wasteful - why are these remotes not being recycled???  If they were, I'm sure it would not cost me $59 for a replacement unit!!!

So I tell this young lady to please put me through to her supervisor as I take serious issue at the wastefulness by AT&T and I won't be paying $59 for a remote...

Lucky me, about 15 minutes later (holding)... I get DONALD (Agent no.DG863F) on the line who is not a supervisor - not sure what happened to my request for a supervisor... that got lost along the way it seems (along with my instruction NOT TO ORDER A $59 remote)!!!

I proceed to go through all the hoops and security stuff with Donald and he proceeds to tell me that I have an order pending on my account for a remote... UH!!! NO!!! I explain that I am not ok with the fact that AT&T are asking me to pay $59 for a remote when they simply trash them when customers change service... he proceeds to tell me that "Business is about paying what you're told to pay... if I go to the gas station and want to put fuel in my car, I have to pay what they tell me to pay"....  mid sentence I was ready to climb through that phone and educate him on customer service!!! I told him that I am not a 2-year old and do understand business and that it's bad business to be so wasteful! He then continued talking and at this point I was done listening - I have NEVER EVER been treated so poorly by a service provider and for this reason wish to cancel my AT&T service ONLY because of this 1 bad apple!!!  I asked him to transfer me to cancellations...

Another 15+ mins later, a young man came on the line and as the connection was so poor (we could barely hear each other), he asked for my number and promised to call me back (he repeated my number back to me and it was correct).... it's been almost 48 hours and I am still waiting to hear from him...

So that's AT&T service in a nutshell for you - 3 agents, all incompetent and giving what should be a STELLAR service for the price I am paying, a VERY bad name!  Be sure I will be going "social" with all of this if I do not hear back from an AT&T rep within 24 hours...

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 1:56:51 PM
(0)
Employee
While I am a att employee my participation on this forum is on my own time as a volunteer like most here, recommend going online and ordering the remote.
There are two the first is the standard issue IR for $20, the second is the RF (radio frequency) for $59.

Placing your order online eliminates confusion. All remotes are new, no refurbished remotes as they are not returned. Hope this helps.
While I am a att employee my participation on this forum is on my own time as a volunteer like most here, recommend going online and ordering the remote.
There are two the first is the standard issue IR for $20, the second is the RF (radio frequency) for $59.

Placing your order online eliminates confusion. All remotes are new, no refurbished remotes as they are not returned. Hope this helps.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT

2 of 6 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 6:31:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 10, 2013 at 7:36:26 PM

I appreciate the response however I need someone from AT&T to reply to my complaint. I am not going to purchase a remote at this stage. Again I appreciate your time.

Many thanks

Michelle
Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

I appreciate the response however I need someone from AT&T to reply to my complaint. I am not going to purchase a remote at this stage. Again I appreciate your time.

Many thanks

Michelle
Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 8:39:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jul 10, 2013 at 8:42:09 PM

Sooooo....YOUR kids lost the remote and you're mad because YOU have to replace it? 

Is that right? 

Is your "complaint" that you have to buy another remote or that you were treated poorly?

Sooooo....YOUR kids lost the remote and you're mad because YOU have to replace it? 

Is that right? 

Is your "complaint" that you have to buy another remote or that you were treated poorly?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 9:18:44 AM
(0)
Community Support

mlotz7 wrote:

It's unfortunate to hear your remote has been misplaced. As my_thoughts stated, the standard remote can be replaced for $20 and the Easy Find remote and the Point Anywhere Radio Frequency remotes are $59.  I'm sorry you were not called back as promised. Send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will be in touch within 24-48 business hours to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

mlotz7 wrote:

It's unfortunate to hear your remote has been misplaced. As my_thoughts stated, the standard remote can be replaced for $20 and the Easy Find remote and the Point Anywhere Radio Frequency remotes are $59.  I'm sorry you were not called back as promised. Send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will be in touch within 24-48 business hours to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (750 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 9:18:03 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi mlotz7,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi mlotz7,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

6 of 6 (714 Views)