Avoiding Problems with Uverse Move

Contributor

Avoiding Problems with Uverse Move

[ Edited ]

I am moving my business on Friday January 3, 2014 and have a work order for that day to move my telephone and uverse.  I need to be open and operational again on Saturday January 4th at my new location with uverse in order to take credit cards. ATT customer rep says that uverse is available at the new location.  The old and new location are 300 feet apart.  I am moving across and down the street.

However, I have read about the customers on this forum having unexpected problems and it taking days, if not longer, to get their problems corrected.  Is there anything that can be done ahead of time to insure that I get uverse (and phone too) service completed and functional on January 3rd.  I read here that hooking up uverse takes two trips but there was no mention of that when I requested service.  I have to open and able to take credit cards within 24 hrs after moving.  Is there anything that I can request or do ahead of time to make this a smooth transition?

Also, I have been given a new nine digit for uverse after I move.  Wouldn't it be easier just to transfer service.  Is that going to cause additional problems?

Thanks for any help any one can give.

Leanne

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 4 (244 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Avoiding Problems with Uverse Move

barkingrock wrote:

I am moving my business on Friday January 3, 2014 and have a work order for that day to move my telephone and uverse.  I need to be open and operational again on Saturday January 4th at my new location with uverse in order to take credit cards. ATT customer rep says that uverse is available at the new location.  The old and new location are 300 feet apart.  I am moving across and down the street.

However, I have read about the customers on this forum having unexpected problems and it taking days, if not longer, to get their problems corrected.  Is there anything that can be done ahead of time to insure that I get uverse (and phone too) service completed and functional on January 3rd.  I read here that hooking up uverse takes two trips but there was no mention of that when I requested service.  I have to open and able to take credit cards within 24 hrs after moving.  Is there anything that I can request or do ahead of time to make this a smooth transition?

Also, I have been given a new nine digit for uverse after I move.  Wouldn't it be easier just to transfer service.  Is that going to cause additional problems?

Thanks for any help any one can give.

Leanne

[edited for privacy]

The unexpected problems who have read are usually rare occurences as the majority of orders are very smooth. As far as the two trips, this is true. The reason is that one of our outside technicians takes care of all the outside work and this is normally done the day before the scheduled install for the inside portion. Normally when processing a move, it is done on the same account. Under certain circumstances, a new account does need to be created.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (228 Views)
Employee

You do know state if phones are POTS or VOIP, as I believe businesses can currently only have POTS, this requires a CIM (aka InR) tech (the old telephone lineman). Uverse is installed by a premise or wire tech (SE)may or may not be on same drop.

Normally the two techs are not dispatched at same time if problems with Uverse install on outside wiring issue, a helper ticket will need to be created, possibly delaying internet installation.

To be safe would contact credit card company for some manuallv written slips to have on hand. You have two weeks.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)
ACE - Expert

I don't know if I would change the order, but I think I'd have at least requested—since they're giving you a new U-verse account number—that they turn up Internet service a day or two before the move and prove it's working, then (if U-verse VOIP) port the phone numbers on the cutover day.

That would at least give the techs a day or two to take care of any loop or equipment issues.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.