Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 29, 2013
7:06:49 AM
Available Internet Plans

I live in the Southwest Garden neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri (ZIP Code 63139).  The highest internet speed available in my area is "Pro" which is 3mbs downstream.  Is ATT going to upgrade the speed options in my area anytime soon?  If so, when?  If not, why?

I live in the Southwest Garden neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri (ZIP Code 63139).  The highest internet speed available in my area is "Pro" which is 3mbs downstream.  Is ATT going to upgrade the speed options in my area anytime soon?  If so, when?  If not, why?

Available Internet Plans

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 6:37:35 PM
(0)
Employee
If our highest speed is PRO, your in an adsl2+ area (no tv available) and probably a good distance from local CO or RAD.

The current Project VIP (completion end 2015) will see 75% of all customers on some connection (such as Uverse max 3M),
The remaining 25% location will be 4G LTE wireless internet.

As ATT does not announce new development have to wait and see. Look for mailings, door to door contract sales rep, local cable provider trting to lock you into two year contract....these are indications of new roll outs or upgrades.

Could drive around and look for new vrads (google search for images) one near your neighborhood (less than a mile) is good providing services your neighborhood and not the next one.
If our highest speed is PRO, your in an adsl2+ area (no tv available) and probably a good distance from local CO or RAD.

The current Project VIP (completion end 2015) will see 75% of all customers on some connection (such as Uverse max 3M),
The remaining 25% location will be 4G LTE wireless internet.

As ATT does not announce new development have to wait and see. Look for mailings, door to door contract sales rep, local cable provider trting to lock you into two year contract....these are indications of new roll outs or upgrades.

Could drive around and look for new vrads (google search for images) one near your neighborhood (less than a mile) is good providing services your neighborhood and not the next one.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Available Internet Plans

2 of 3 (317 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 4:29:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

southwestgardern100 wrote:

As a former rep and a St. Louisan, I can tell you that I saw very few true Uverse customers in the city. Most of the expansion, it seems, is focused on West and South County. 

southwestgardern100 wrote:

As a former rep and a St. Louisan, I can tell you that I saw very few true Uverse customers in the city. Most of the expansion, it seems, is focused on West and South County. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Available Internet Plans

3 of 3 (302 Views)