Availability inquiry other than through website?

Tutor

Availability inquiry other than through website?

It seems as though our area is not mapped correctly.  My neighbor has finally convinced someone at AT&T to actually put in an order for internet after explaining to them that the last tech that came out and worked on her phone line told her that high speed internet was available to her now.  This was not the first time she had been told this though and this was from someone onsite.  However, the first time whenever she called to order, she just accepted the salesperson's answer of it not being available even after having explained that the phone repairman told her that it was.  My question is, living nextdoor (share a driveway) and phone lines coming to our houses off the same pole, is it likely that I am able to receive internet now as well?  Both of our addresses say that there is no internet service available through the website.  Should I ask the installer while here installing my neighbor's to look at mine and see if service is available at my address as well and then hope I am able to convince someone in sales to put in an order for my address?  Here is a pic of our SAI located on the corner of our road. 

Message 1 of 14
Employee

Re: Availability inquiry other than through website?

Location is one, direction of wiring is a different story.

A customer with a VRAD right across the street, house on SW corner box on NW corner cannot get service from that box 150 feet away. The VRAD servers the phone Serving Area Interface (SAI) which covers the neighborhood to the North, as customer is on South side of Road their connection is 4000 feet to the SW. In this case the customer can receive service using bonded pair and limited to 3HD and 18 HSIA with a location right across the street.

My question is if service is available, what type and speed ....ADSL2+ at 12000 feet is Uverse at 1.5M internet.
Why am I thinking this, a POTS lineman information, while can be VDSL could also be ADSL2+ from CO or RAD

From a previous post http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Can-t-find-my-address/m-p/3479269#M19151
By bauwls....
Go to http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability

Fill out the address, when it pops up with the screen 'U-verse Service Not Available For....' click on 'Research my Address'. This will open an Address Validation case which can take as long as 7-10 days if they need to roll a truck to verify. It can take much less time if it's just a database correction.

Provide as many details as you can such as a neighbor on your block having U-verse (with address), if you received direct mail about a U-verse product, or U-verse was eligible for service before. If you feel it necessary to call instead of do this online, you have a few options. You can call 800-288-2020 and ask for either Sales (by asking for new service) or Retentions (by saying cancel when it asks). I prefer Retentions as they generally deal with complex issues and all are in the U.S. Ask them to create an account for you and create an Address Validiation. It's the same as online, 7-10 days and rarely will anyone have more information until someone from that team updates the Address Validation case updates it with a response to Deny or Approve service (and whic
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14
Expert

Click on the hyper link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service that can help you get this resolved.  After you click the link send them a PM with your info and your question and somone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.  There hours are Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm CST.

Message 3 of 14
Tutor

Thank you, RCSMG!

Message 4 of 14
Expert

YW.  Let us know how things go.

Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Tutor

There was no option for "research my address" after I submitted it on the check my availability page.  The picture below is what came up.

my thoughts wrote:

Go to http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability

Fill out the address, when it pops up with the screen 'U-verse Service Not Available For....' click on 'Research my Address'. This will open an Address Validation case which can take as long as 7-10 days if they need to roll a truck to verify. It can take much less time if it's just a database correction.

Message 6 of 14
Tutor

RCSMG wrote:

Here are how things are going.  My neighbor now has her u-verse installed and the installer once again told me there is no reason that I cannot have it installed in my house as well.  As a matter of fact, another installer who was close by came by to deliver more cable for the install and told me the same thing and even called someone at AT&T while he was here doing my neighbor's install trying to get me set up for an appointment.  Of course, they did the usual of taking my information and telling me they would get back with me.  Guess what...I am still waiting.  Meanwhile, I have set up a repeater and am using my neighbor's signal until AT&T can get their stuff together.Smiley Mad  Here's to free internet! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
ACE - Professor

PD1363 wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

Here are how things are going.  My neighbor now has her u-verse installed and the installer once again told me there is no reason that I cannot have it installed in my house as well.  As a matter of fact, another installer who was close by came by to deliver more cable for the install and told me the same thing and even called someone at AT&T while he was here doing my neighbor's install trying to get me set up for an appointment.  Of course, they did the usual of taking my information and telling me they would get back with me.  Guess what...I am still waiting.  Meanwhile, I have set up a repeater and am using my neighbor's signal until AT&T can get their stuff together.Smiley Mad  Here's to free internet! Smiley Happy

Have you followed RCSMG's advice and sent a message to Customer Care?

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 14
Tutor

MicCheck wrote:

PD1363 wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

Have you followed RCSMG's advice and sent a message to Customer Care?

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Yes, I have...a couple of times.

Message 9 of 14
Employee

If all else fails PD1363, you can call into customer care, which when you give them your address, will tell you that service is not available. You can ask that an address validation case be opened for your address as we may just need to have our databases updated. When you do this, be sure to give your neighbor's address, if it is ok with them of course, as this helps our address validation team knowing that there is someone in the area with service.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 14
Tutor

lilybug0411 wrote:
If all else fails PD1363, you can call into customer care, which when you give them your address, will tell you that service is not available. You can ask that an address validation case be opened for your address as we may just need to have our databases updated. When you do this, be sure to give your neighbor's address, if it is ok with them of course, as this helps our address validation team knowing that there is someone in the area with service.

There is an address validation case open for my address.  My next door neighbor went through the same thing, except her address was able to be validated within 24 hours.   Also, the escalated customer care PM has not seemed to make any difference either.  If the installers themselves don't see a problem with getting me service (the ones who did my neighbor's install) and do not understand why I can't get an appointment scheduled, I doubt that anyone will be able to make me understand why this is taking such a ridiculously long time to get it done.

Message 11 of 14
Employee

PD1363 wrote:

lilybug0411 wrote:

There is an address validation case open for my address.  My next door neighbor went through the same thing, except her address was able to be validated within 24 hours.   Also, the escalated customer care PM has not seemed to make any difference either.  If the installers themselves don't see a problem with getting me service (the ones who did my neighbor's install) and do not understand why I can't get an appointment scheduled, I doubt that anyone will be able to make me understand why this is taking such a ridiculously long time to get it done.

I would then suggest calling in and checking on the status of it. Normally we do let you one way or the other.

Employee Contributor*
Message 12 of 14
Tutor

I would then suggest calling in and checking on the status of it. Normally we do let you one way or the other.

I did call and found that the case has been closed.  They could not give me an acceptable explanation of why I cannot have service...only that I can't.  I explained to them that the installer(s) had told me that my line from my house will be traversing the same route as my next-door neighbors and that there are available ports on the card in the box down on the corner. There has got to be someone who can help.  I have a call into the local U-verse manager here and am hoping he will call me back and be able to give me an explanation as to why I cannot be hooked up for service, or, better yet, that it is just their screwy system and that I can indeed have u-verse internet service.  I would like to know something one way or the other...not just simply "u-verse is not available at your address".  Since the installers told me that it would not be a problem hooking me up for service and they were actually here physically, it is hard for me to believe the people on the phone that just say, "let me look that up...sorry, no service is available for your address".  There was an address validation case opened up and I found out that it had been closed with the determination that I could not receive service, but still no one could give an explanation as to why.  I want to know why my address is not serviceable since the guys that do the installing told me I could have service and it was just a matter of getting someone to get the order pushed through (do an override).Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 14
Tutor

Message 14 of 14
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support