Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 17, 2013
5:15:24 PM
View profile
Availability/addition of channels

I'm a huge motorsports fan and there is a channel that was started by Lucas Oil called MavTv.  They are going to be carrying a TON of dirt track stuff live in 2014.  Is there any way to find out if Uverse has any intention of adding this channel or how to go about pushing to get it added?  MavTv says to "contact your cable provider" and the only thing I can find with Uverse is that stupid "channel survey" thing.  And who knows if they even pay attention to that.  If it's never going to be an option, I'm going to have to suck it up and switch to the other provider available in my area.  Or move so that I can get DirecTv again.  Smiley Very Happy

I'm a huge motorsports fan and there is a channel that was started by Lucas Oil called MavTv.  They are going to be carrying a TON of dirt track stuff live in 2014.  Is there any way to find out if Uverse has any intention of adding this channel or how to go about pushing to get it added?  MavTv says to "contact your cable provider" and the only thing I can find with Uverse is that stupid "channel survey" thing.  And who knows if they even pay attention to that.  If it's never going to be an option, I'm going to have to suck it up and switch to the other provider available in my area.  Or move so that I can get DirecTv again.  Smiley Very Happy

Availability/addition of channels

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 6:49:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Here is the only way that I know of Click

Here is the only way that I know of Click

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Availability/addition of channels

2 of 17 (721 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 8:04:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:06:52 PM

Here is the web site for MAV TV if you want to check it out.

http://www.mavtv.com/

The channel looks like it would be a good addition to the U-Verse lineup.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Here is the web site for MAV TV if you want to check it out.

http://www.mavtv.com/

The channel looks like it would be a good addition to the U-Verse lineup.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 17 (705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 8:09:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

When TW (and maybe others) dropped HDNet and HDNet Movies, they added MAV TV. If it has dirt track racing, I could get into that...not that I'm a fan, but it does have a bit of excitement that other racing lacks...that whole "dirt track spinout" thing.

When TW (and maybe others) dropped HDNet and HDNet Movies, they added MAV TV. If it has dirt track racing, I could get into that...not that I'm a fan, but it does have a bit of excitement that other racing lacks...that whole "dirt track spinout" thing.

4 of 17 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 9:27:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

LuvSprintz wrote:

I got chided by an employee on my feelings on the channel survey link.- but other than posting on AT&T's Facebook page or speaking with a CSR (1-800-288-2020), there are few other ways of getting  throgh to  AT&T.

CBS Sports Network seems eager to show some Motorsports as they broadcast seveeral World of Outlaw races, this fall.  sadly, that channel is only on U450.

Racing beyond NASCAR, F1 and Indy may start looking attractive to other TV networks - sincxe ESPN and TNT are getting out of most (but not all) racing.

LuvSprintz wrote:

I got chided by an employee on my feelings on the channel survey link.- but other than posting on AT&T's Facebook page or speaking with a CSR (1-800-288-2020), there are few other ways of getting  throgh to  AT&T.

CBS Sports Network seems eager to show some Motorsports as they broadcast seveeral World of Outlaw races, this fall.  sadly, that channel is only on U450.

Racing beyond NASCAR, F1 and Indy may start looking attractive to other TV networks - sincxe ESPN and TNT are getting out of most (but not all) racing.

5 of 17 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 9:30:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Doesn't NBCSN show IRL racing? I thought I saw a complaint thread on here this past summer about the races being moved?

And I think CBS Sports Network is also on the Sports Package.
Doesn't NBCSN show IRL racing? I thought I saw a complaint thread on here this past summer about the races being moved?

6 of 17 (648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 9:43:27 AM
(0)
Scholar
LuvSprintz,

I think MAVTV was started by a different company.
LuvSprintz,

I think MAVTV was started by a different company.

7 of 17 (644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 10:49:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

Yep - that is part of my thing "beyond NASCAR, F1 and Indy (which used to IRL)....  The complaint was not about Indycar but it was about F1 being shifted all over NBC's offerings.

baseballisback wrote:

Yep - that is part of my thing "beyond NASCAR, F1 and Indy (which used to IRL)....  The complaint was not about Indycar but it was about F1 being shifted all over NBC's offerings.

8 of 17 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 5:07:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

And that may be ... I just know that now it's known as Lucas Oil/MavTv on all of the racing sites I follow.  And does that really even matter?? 

And that may be ... I just know that now it's known as Lucas Oil/MavTv on all of the racing sites I follow.  And does that really even matter?? 

9 of 17 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 5:23:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Yeah CBS did several weeks of programming that included the WoO sprint cars, which is my thing.  Hence, the name.  Smiley LOL  But I know that MavTv is going to air Saturday night of the Chili Bowl and the Knoxville Nationals.  While I will be AT Nationals, I still always recorded the broadcasts when Speed carried it live.  They air some ASCS races too. 

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Yeah CBS did several weeks of programming that included the WoO sprint cars, which is my thing.  Hence, the name.  Smiley LOL  But I know that MavTv is going to air Saturday night of the Chili Bowl and the Knoxville Nationals.  While I will be AT Nationals, I still always recorded the broadcasts when Speed carried it live.  They air some ASCS races too. 

10 of 17 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:22:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

LuvSprintz wrote:

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Hopefully they'll add it.  We'll never have it as good as we had it with Speed and remember when ESPN and ESPN2 would show all sorts of motorsports?  Not now.  Just boring stick and ball stuff.  This is my least favorite time for sports.  NFL is winding down and it's basketball (yecch), basketball (yecch), basketball (yecch) and I don't follow the NHL like I used to.. 

LuvSprintz wrote:

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Hopefully they'll add it.  We'll never have it as good as we had it with Speed and remember when ESPN and ESPN2 would show all sorts of motorsports?  Not now.  Just boring stick and ball stuff.  This is my least favorite time for sports.  NFL is winding down and it's basketball (yecch), basketball (yecch), basketball (yecch) and I don't follow the NHL like I used to.. 

11 of 17 (555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:37:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
That early ESPN2 stuff was great...the "rebel sports" network.

12 of 17 (550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 10:44:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

ESPN showed "Figure-8" racing and a Demolition Derby from Riverhead Speedway, out on Long Island (NY).  Much of their programming was more like Wide World of Sports.  I actually miss the variety that ESPN, ABC's Wide World of Sports had.  Today, we have more channels and LESS variety!

baseballisback wrote:

ESPN showed "Figure-8" racing and a Demolition Derby from Riverhead Speedway, out on Long Island (NY).  Much of their programming was more like Wide World of Sports.  I actually miss the variety that ESPN, ABC's Wide World of Sports had.  Today, we have more channels and LESS variety!

13 of 17 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 1:02:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm still waiting on the Ocho to become a reality. I seriously would watch grown men play dodgeball.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

I'm still waiting on the Ocho to become a reality. I seriously would watch grown men play dodgeball.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

14 of 17 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 1:34:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I'm sure we all know that ratings are what matters. Sad, but true. The sports that don't get a lot of viewers are pushed to the oddball channels or hours.
I'm sure we all know that ratings are what matters. Sad, but true. The sports that don't get a lot of viewers are pushed to the oddball channels or hours.

15 of 17 (523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:54:51 AM
(0)
Employee

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Sorry my brother!!!! :-)

Have a Merry Christmas!

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Have a Merry Christmas!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

16 of 17 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 1:41:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Have a Merry Christmas!

Smiley Happy  You too, Fox!

Fox Mulder wrote:

dhascall wrote:

LuvSprintz wrote:

Have a Merry Christmas!

Smiley Happy  You too, Fox!

17 of 17 (435 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments